• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite piece by Wagner?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Are you Jewish?"
"You want to check my penis?"

/curb

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Siegfried Idyll and the Prelude and Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde. From my days at Caltech, the Ride of the Valkyries still gives me the willies.

--Andre

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
"Are you Jewish?" "You want to check my penis?" /curb
"Every time I listen to Wagner, I am overcome with a desire to invade Poland." - Woody Allen

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm partial to that one that goes "kill the waaaabbit, kill the waaaabbit..."

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry Jon, didn't mean to derail your thread. I was referring to a Curb Your Enthusiasm reference, where Larry gets accosted and accused of being a self-hating Jew for whistling Wagner in a public place.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
God damn do I love me some Wagner. Someday I hope to be able to sit through the entire Ring Cycle. It's only 16 hours or so. Maybe I'll make it into a sixteen hour long special effects trilogy like Lord Of The Rings. That would rule.

There have to be Nazis. It doesn't make any sense, but they make any movie better.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
God damn do I love me some Wagner. Someday I hope to be able to sit through the entire Ring Cycle. It's only 16 hours or so. Maybe I'll make it into a sixteen hour long special effects trilogy like Lord Of The Rings. That would rule.

There have to be Nazis. It doesn't make any sense, but they make any movie better.

Yeah, you can't go and watch the Ring Cycle at Bayreuth without some Nazi's in the audience and Daniel Barenboim directing the orchestra...

Jon.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
I used to watch that show all the time...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I read somewhere that Wagner is unofficially banned in Israel.
I believe it's officially, actually. Stupid, really. Still waiting for them to get around to banning Chaucer.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 111 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 101 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%