• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite pair/s of jeans

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Current favored rotation:
-Helmut Lang Classic Bootcut, slightly too big
-SBU, washed, not sure of model
-Rag & Bone RB 8s
-APC English cut, light wash
-Gap 1969 low rise, straight, some of the best distressing I've ever seen on any jeans, period, no scracth rivets, x-large coin pocket for $29.99 on sale
-Banana Republic straight leg, selvage from around 3 years ago, selvage fly, amazing fit

keal

Reaction score
My current faves:
Earnest Sewn Hutch Maz Dark
inlove.gif

Sugar Cane 1947

If I have to work with Japanese visitors, I slap on my Tsubi Dee Dee
devil.gif

keal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
Why?

It helps break the ice. The younger Japanese crowd loves Tsubi with its creative markings. Sadly, I paid for the Tsubi. I got the Sugar Cane dungarees as a gift from one of my regular associates, so it sort of evens out
smile.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK - I know absolutely nothing about jeans. I have a a pair of Rekko, couple of pairs of Evisu (which I got 6 years ago because I found them sorta cool and still wear), an old pair of Lee riders, a couple pairs of Levi's... but strangely enough, my absolute favorite jeans are a pair of Volcom (yea, the surf/skate brand or whatever). They were given to me by a friend who works in streetwear in LA and had a few samples.

Am I the only one here who has Volcom jeans? (I searched SF for the word and found zero results...)

Does that make me crazy?
crazy.gif

Possibly...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know Volvom made jeans. I've seen some jackets that were reasonably cool, though.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i had 2 pairs of volcom jeans in high school

i guess i should contribute:

i only own two pairs of jeans worth talking about right now.
45rpm black sorahiko
Pure Blue AI-001's
45rpm jomon

thinking about getting:
warehouse duckdiggers
sda d1177, x-26, or xxx-26
probably some others that i'm forgetting.

i've had:
helmut langs, apc, denime, rogans.

BigSur

Reaction score
Almost all I ever wear are Levis Premium Skinners... Boring, I know but its the only jean I look good in. If I had the wallet, I would probably get some Selvage Regular Ralfs or some Japanese 517 repro

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
My most worn are APC Rescues, 501 STF, and SSDS. I'm loving my Rescues, my first selvage jeans. I washed them too early and I won't get the dramatic fading, but man, the denim is really nice looking, wearing in great.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keal
It helps break the ice. The younger Japanese crowd loves Tsubi with its creative markings. Sadly, I paid for the Tsubi. I got the Sugar Cane dungarees as a gift from one of my regular associates, so it sort of evens out
smile.gif

Nice. it certainly evens out! What line do you work in?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rag and Bone RB6a's. These are the best jeans I have ever owned, nothing else has fit me as well or is as well made. I thought that it was impossible to find a fit that was just right for me, I either had to go too loose or too tight, but these are perfect. I must have a second pair, maybe the selvage, or if I'm feeling a bit more adventuresome, maybe the black version.

keal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
Nice. it certainly evens out! What line do you work in?
I'm a state employee - I do maintenance on a/v and computers in the local courthouses. As a side job, I cater to Japanese models and photographers who visit Hawaii to do video and photo shoots - usually I secure rental cars, hotel rooms, or get clearance to shoot in private locations. The girls are insanely skinny, and everyone comes packed with great denims that even my girlfriend can't fit in! The last photographer had on a pair of Eternal 811s that looked totally broken in. He wasn't my size - phooey. Well, summer's the busiest time, so hopefully I'll get to snag something good this season
smile.gif

keal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
maybe he had distressed eternals?

I'm not very knowledgeable about Eternals, but I would be happy knowing that they can be bought in distressed condition! The pair I looked at had whiskering and folds all over, and some nice wear on the rear pockets.

#1 on my wish list this year. Pair that with a Loopwheeler top (#2 on my list) and I'm in heaven!
smile.gif

coldrice, thanks for the links concerning LW in another thread! I read up on it this morning and for the first time I'm excited about looking for a hoodie
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads