• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Olympic moment?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me it was definitely watching Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. I had no interest in ice dancing or really the olympics in general going into last week. I saw their second performance by accident when I was eating a late dinner and I swear to god I was choked up when they finished their performance. It was that good. When I tuned in the next night for them I was more anxious than for the gold medal game in hockey. Their performance to Mahler's 5th was nothing short of poetic.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jennifer Heil's adorable smile.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tessa virtue is gorgeous.

probably like everyone else, rochette's performances were pretty great, as were yuna kim's.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
For me it was definitely watching Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. I had no interest in ice dancing or really the olympics in general going into last week. I saw their second performance by accident when I was eating a late dinner and I swear to god I was chocked up when they finished their performance. It was that good. When I tuned in the next night for them I was more anxious than for the gold medal game in hockey. Their performance to Mahler's 5th was nothing short of poetic.
Just watched it on CTV's rerun. Unreal. And to the gorgeous Mahler 5 Adagietto. Stunning. As for one? Can't. Too many.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Just watched it on CTV's rerun. Unreal. And to the gorgeous Mahler 5 Adagietto. Stunning.

As for one? Can't. Too many.

You should have seen their previous dance. It was also fantastic. I want to see their first (the compulsory?) but the ctv olympics site videos haven't been working for me.

allreds

Reaction score
Evan Lysacek

The fail of the opening being fixed at the closing.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
p1_boitano_1208.jpg

swooc

Reaction score
the female commentator in the australian broadcast for tessa and scotts dance was having an orgasmic experience when watching their free dance. she also had this funny 'woah' moment for yuna kim's 150 score. mine was one of the womens short track relay. so much heat between the koreans and chinese
biggrin.gif

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For these winter olympics only?
Canada > US in mens final
Kwame Nkrumah-Acheampong AKA The Ghanaian snow leopard
Lydia Lassila winning the Women's Freestyle Ski Aerials after blowing her knee out in the 2006 Olympic final in Turin

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite part is that it's finally ******* over and life, and my television programming, can return to normal.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This.
141jc75.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canada v. USA gold medal game.

Shaun White's epic victory run in the halfpipe.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shaun White winning the Halfpipe...essentially on two different runs. He is untouchable.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
My favorite part is that it's finally ******* over and life, and my television programming, can return to normal.

+billion. The closing ceremony was embarrassing. Cheesy as all hell.

WTF...they could not hire the Cirque du Soleil folks to do something interesting?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads