• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite MTO Boot and Shoe Company?

Panthera

Reaction score
I am in the market to acquire a new pair of boots and oxfords or potentially whole cut shoes.

I have worked with Carmina quite extensively in the past with MTO and love the outcomes. But I want to explore another maker simply because I derive enjoyment out of the process of figuring out all of the details and want something different now.

So I am curious who your favorite MTO destination is. The most important factor for me is quality.

I am seeking MTO not bespoke specifically. I am excited to hear your input so I can discover a new shoemaker and begin to generate a compendium of MTO sources for other interested individuals.

Thank you all and I hope your 2019 is going fantastic.

kevinsvindland

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Saint Crispin's, all day long.

Vast selection of leathers.
Plenty of nice handwork.
Consistency in terms of delivery.
Good communication.
Almost limitless options for customisation.
+Phillip tells you if your idea sucks.

S.R.M. 1977

Reaction score
Ibex. They're the ones I can afford for around $200. But, they still use full grain leather and handstitched Goodyear construction.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G
J Fitzpatrick
At either end of the cost spectrum but great service from both.

Panthera

Reaction score
Other notable mentions which I have not personally purchased from are Edward Green and Enzo Bonafe.

Are there any other mentions that come to mind for high quality MTO Boots and shoes available online?

Panthera

Reaction score
Current list in no specific order;

Carmina
Enzo Bonafe
Edward Green
G&G
J Fitzpatrick
Ibex
Saint Crispin's

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 109 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%