• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite kebab ?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which kebab do you, feel is the best & most, tasty kebab ?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last night I tasted one with lamb, and organs of lamb. It was quite good, though the flavor was intense.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Last night I tasted one with lamb, and organs of lamb. It was quite good, though the flavor was intense.

Do you know, it's name ? Did you wash it with, raki ?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Souvlaki apo Entosthia - grilled spring lamb and organ meats with lemon-oregano vinaigrette & Kokkari potatoes. Six o'clock AM plane flight, so no raki.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Souvlaki apo Entosthia - grilled spring lamb and organ meats with lemon-oregano vinaigrette & Kokkari potatoes. Six o'clock AM plane flight, so no raki.

was that in SF? tell me about that place, please

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont know of any other one except doner kebap... and i only saw them when i was in italy. my kebap exposure is patently limited.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no idea there was such a wide variety of kebabs.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iskender the potter?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I had no idea there was such a wide variety of kebabs.

A kebab for, all seasoning.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
They pass them off as Turkish, but having never been to Turkey I cannot verify how authentic this claim is, but I love the Sandwich Turque things that they sell in little corner restaurants all over Paris. So so good. I end up inadvertently living on them when I am in France.

Also in Hanoi in the past couple of years, someone has taken to combining it the lamb with Vietnamese baguettes to make 'banh mi ke bap' - those are good too.

But having grown up in Australia, I guess my favorites are still the Aussie fish and chip shop Yiros thingies (which for no apparent reason are called souvlaki in Melbourne). Greek style. Those are good.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
(which for no apparent reason are called souvlaki in Melbourne)

the difference between kebabs and souvlaki is the meat used ... in kebabs it is typically a meat 'mould' or 'roll' which kind of looks like mince ... whereas in souvlaki the meat is just a lot of thin cuts stacked on top of one another! From a Melbourne boy who has eaten a lot of both throughout his misspent youth!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya (i lived in Melb for like five years but am an Adelaide boy originally), what is called a souv in Melbourne is a yiros everywhere else, while souvlakis in 'everywhere else' is meat-on-a-stick.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ya (i lived in Melb for like five years but am an Adelaide boy originally), what is called a souv in Melbourne is a yiros everywhere else, while souvlakis in 'everywhere else' is meat-on-a-stick.

technically that is correct (I'm Greek also) ... but yiros and souvlaki are used interchangeably ...

regardless ... its 5.04 on a Friday arvo and I'm well overdue for a beer!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
haha - btw I was always partial to the place on Commercial Rd just around the corner from Chapel Street for my souvlakis....and partial to the Argo on Argo St (I used to live 50 meters away) for my Friday arvo beer.

Have a good weekend.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my favorite kebab is one with vaclava, DDML and Begavningsreserven punctuated by slices of grilled onion, green pepper and mushroom. Served with rice pilaf and a tall cherry coke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads