• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Hair Products??

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm bored.

What are your favorite hair products and why? Why do you use them? How do you style your hair with your products?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sebastians Crude Clay

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use these because they work for my hair:

korres "yucca soft shine wax"
kms "molding paste"
kevin murphy "rough rider wax" and "sticky business texturizer"
nolita "molding clay"

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Sebastians Crude Clay

Is that line of products similar to the old Sebastian's "Molding Mud"? I don't think they make that anymore. Maybe it evolved?

When I was young with very curly hair (well curly and more hair in general), molding mud was great! Stinky, but great!

DramaMartini

Reaction score
I really love Aveda's Chamomile conditioner. My hair is blonde and has 4 different natural colors or blonde tones in it. The Aveda brings the highlights out beautifully. They really get brighter and it warms up my darker tones. It also makes my hair so luscious a full and really shiny. I can't stop touching it when I use it! It is a bit pricey so I only use it when I want to look and feel special. Redken also makes a wonderful line called Blonde Glam. They also have a color depositing conditioner that works brilliantly and their shampoo and conditioner is great too. These are my favorites! A way to treat myself!

mikej77

Reaction score
Aveda Grooming Clay. Works great for my hair.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
How much hold does Aveda Grooming Clay have?

I mostly use American Crew Forming Creme. I really like it, especially when my hair is shorter, but I wish I could find something similar with a little less hold. I also use American Crew Styling Cream, which has a lot less hold and more shine. I want something with a hold inbetween those two. Any ideas?

AlohaAloha

Reaction score
Kerastase anti-frizz, cuts the volume down without looking greasy.

jeffersonmc

Reaction score
i have been through dozens of different products and the best so far, and the only one i now use is Bumble & Bumble Sumo Tech. It gives the same pliability to your hair as not washing for ~1 week, if you use only a tiny amount. Its ~$25 - $30 CDN for a small container, but well worth it. ...for me at least

benitahesson

Reaction score
I've been using Redken Blonde glam shampoo and conditioner. i love this stuff. it's great at restoring its health and nourishing each strand. My hair is healthy, shiny and vibrant now :)

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aveda Grooming Clay. Works great for my hair.

THIS ! +100!

The best stuff i have ever used. I wear my hair in a mild pomp' (#3 sides and about 4'' on the top) and it holds all day. I can run my fingers through it and, shape it, and it never breaks down.

:slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads