• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Football Boots and Why?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, looking to pick up a new pair of football boots for the upcoming season. In the past I've stuck to Adipures because I'm a fan of the k-leather, but looking possibly branch out just to shake things up. Generally play on the wings, and wanting to get a feel of what the general opinion is of people on the board.

What football boots do you prefer and why? What do they offer your game that you don't get with other options? Pics too are welcome.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These: http://www.shoebuy.com/diadora-lx-k-.../313409/669837

I'm also a fan of kangaroo leather. Since I'm just a rec player, I can't justify spending big $$$s and these do the trick. Diadoras also tend to fit on the wide side.

Apparently, though, the company was sold not too long ago. Not sure what impact that will have on their product, if any.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Best k-leather I ever used were Umbro Speciali, in the classic black style not the fancy new ones.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear Nike now, but nothing beat my ADIDAS copa mondiale's...also for the **** playing surfaces I have a pair of predators (field turf, art grass)

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
Best k-leather I ever used were Umbro Speciali, in the classic black style not the fancy new ones.

Had a pair of these in high school. Loved them.

Quatsch

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the f50 adizeros about a month and a half ago, but I'm going to sell them. They're great shoes - running in them is pretty awesome. Impossibly light. But when it comes to actually playing, they're just not enough boot for me. Too much of a good thing, you know? I'm going to wear my f50is the rest of the season and then probably go back to adipures.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
I like the predators from a couple years ago, new ones are good too but don't look as nice. Adipure's are nice, I wear them on turf (I play college ball) but the heel takes some getting used to. The newer Puma's (speed model, maybe some other) are very light, give a good touch, and look sleek as hell. Unfortunately, they fit very narrow. I'm a regular width and they were painfully tight.

daft

Reaction score
I use Air Legend's which have held up nicely for about 3 years now.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I played when I was younger I wore Puma Kings, but I have no idea what's out there these days.

AFG34

Reaction score
Im just a rec player..i just buy sub $100 nike/adidas

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adidas World Cup ......... proper boots proper leather proper studs proper stuff never used anything other for years !!!!

For harder ground use the same as NYR !!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads