• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Fonts, Anyone??

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have really been getting into different typefaces over the last 6-8 months, and have kind of become a semi-knowledgeable dork on the subject (much to chagrin of my fiance)... I really like Neutraface #2 right now, especially the text version.
1697745103_8e186b89f2_o.jpg
I like Berthold Akzidenz-Grotesk a lot and wish I could afford to get it...

hrb

Reaction score
i am not knowledgable on the subject whatsoever but have recently become interested in them as well. to display my ignorance, my favourite font at the moment is century gothic. do you, by chance, know the main fonts used by fantastic man mag?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
I really like Neutraface #2 right now, especially the text version.
I like Berthold Akzidenz-Grotesk a lot and wish I could afford to get it...

Both very good fonts and two of my favorites as well. Akzidenz is a hundred plus years old, but still looks great. Kind of the forerunner of all the 20C sans-serifs.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Both very good fonts and two of my favorites as well. Akzidenz is a hundred plus years old, but still looks great. Kind of the forerunner of all the 20C sans-serifs.

Yeah, my roommate was a graphic designer at Gallup for about 4 years and their logo is Akzidenz, so I have really grown to appreciate it!

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Serif:

Garamond
Cellini
Atma

San Serif:

HY Gothic
Kozuka Pr6n

alexanduh

Reaction score
honestly i use papyrus for msn.

S. Magnozzi

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I use Caslon Pro combined with Gotham or Verlag for most documents. A great combination of old and new.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I kind of like Helvetica myself, although I'm reluctant to use it much because of document sharing/email where others may not have Helv loaded. I'll look up some of the other fonts you gents mentioned.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Scala, but I don't want to pay $730 for it...

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
I really like Scala, but I don't want to pay $730 for it...
Very nice font. You can find it all over the place for free.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads