• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Fitness Apps for Smartphones...

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an Android (Droid on 2.1) guy these days but, for the most part, apps available to iPhones are available for us too (except they're cheaper/free for us).

Anyway, what are your favorites?

Mine (all free):
  • HIIT Interval Timer - Like the Gym Boss, only free.
  • Calorie Counter - Best all-around app. It has nutritional info for just about any item with a barcode on it (has a barcode scanner too), info on restaurant food, info custom food items by ingredients, diet and exercise diaries, web sync to the cloud, exercise info... and much more.
  • BodyFitness - for exercise option ideas on the fly.

There are other good apps like GPS-enabled pedometers, virtual race apps where you race against others and what-not but I never found myself using them since I usually stick to the gym.

Lowndes

Reaction score
My two favorite are:

1)Loseit (app that keeps track of calorie intake, exercise, etc.)
2)Runkeeper

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes
My two favorite are: 1)Loseit (app that keeps track of calorie intake, exercise, etc.) 2)Runkeeper
Ditto. I actually stopped using LoseIt once I could tell what portion sizes were appropriate for losing or maintaining my weight. Now I just use RunKeeper to track miles, pace and calories burned. - Keith

skyman

Reaction score
I use the six pack app, some pretty cool exercises for the whole body.
Comes in useful when i'm at the gym and I want to mix it up a little.

sidewinder13

Reaction score
I use FitnessBuilder. Overpriced, and you have to subscribe to get whole workout routines.

I got a taste of the subscription service when i had a problem with the app (I wasn't able to open up the workouts after installing an update). They had to give me a code to solve the issue which allowed me to access the premium features - gave me access to the locked workouts and new ones too. It lasted for about a month before the code expired.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been impressed with too many of the apps. Runkeeper would do ridiculous things with GPS (for example, in the middle of a run, I would somehow magically race over to Marin from SF at 40mph and back). Sure the iPhone GPS sucks, but that just made the data garbage. Plus even the Pro app was a joke, I couldn't get it to do more advanced interval programming, etc.

Haven't found a good workout tracker either. I want something where I can enter in a workout and then have it cross-reference it to other times I did the same exercise.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iFitness, just because it's a nice little log that gives you a very strong "beat last week" mentality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads