• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Fish

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Because Greg and I are like twinsies
inlove.gif
I thought this would make an interesting thread so that people would be encouraged to try to make and eat more fish. Anyway, your favorites...

.bishop

Reaction score
tuna raw
flounder
trout

i actually despise salmon, just too fishy for me. i think its the orange color.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoy Chilean Sea Bass pan sautÃ
00a9.png
ed in coconut oil. If anyone knows of a fish more unctuous than this, please inform.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jeez, i couldn't even narrow it to 5: sardines, mackerel, salmon, petrale, lingcod, rex (sand dab), swordfish ... and then there's shellfish!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sockeye

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Tuna, hands down. Of course raw or barely cooked.

I have never understood how common eating salmon is. Raw or smoked it is tolerable. Cooked it is repulsive.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
off the top of my head... spanish mackerel, yellow tail, branzino, black bass, monkfish, salt cod, pretty much all shellfish (fanny bay oysters are my favorite so far), salmon necks...

the sea produces pretty much all of my favorite food. can't think of anything i dislike actually. i guess gefilte is pretty gross but that's a frankenstein's monster.

matt, is this your celebration thread for 30k?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
salmon has been degraded because there is so much bad stuff out there cooked so sloppily. but a well-cooked piece of good salmon is amazing.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My favorite are the small oily fish, like sardines and mackerel. They have to be so damn fresh that I'm usually a little afraid to buy them to prepare at home. Trout - I ate some lakeside in far north Canada once, cooked over an open fire right after we caught it - incredible. Shellfish - all of it. Raw tuna, of course, but I'm starting to feel a little guilty about that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads