1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite date ideas?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Renault78law, Aug 21, 2004.

1. KBW

KBW Senior member

I've taken several girls to the local minor league baseball team's games and it has gone well everytime. The stadium is a recreation of Fenway and in a beautiful area with nice bars around of all sorts. I doubt girls up north enjoy baseball games as much as they do down here though (college baseball is really big at my school). Anything outdoors where you can talk will work.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

How's 2nd, 3rd and 4th base?

Fourth base? If you're going to fuck up sports metaphors that badly, we might have to revoke your man card.

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Fourth base? If you're going to fuck up sports metaphors that badly, we might have to revoke your man card.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] A sad day for all of us, Rube.

4. West24

West24 Senior member

i like to test my girls out. i dont like spoiled brats. so on the first date when i go get them, i usually show up in my 8 speed huffy. i even put on the gel seat and tell them to hop on and well double to lets say the movies. lets just say theyve all been spoiled $%^&*!

5. The Wayfarer

The Wayfarer Senior member

Chloroform and a dark alley.

6. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Late in the week I take what is left of the brad loaf and go to the arboretum to feed the ducks. Some are quite aggressive. A rooster chased us this most recent visit.

7. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

I have always enjoyed taking them to the park for a walk and picnic. Most have seem to enjoy it and my second date percentage has bee high every time I have done that.

8. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

A walk and dining in the trendy part of town is a good idea for another date. Then i would take them to a romantic spot where I could close the deal and usually did.

9. West24

West24 Senior member

I have always enjoyed taking them to the park for a walk and picnic. Most have seem to enjoy it and my second date percentage has bee high every time I have done that.

taking out women from the retirement home doesnt count.

10. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    bump this up. Anyone have any more cool ideas for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dates? Lets hear them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A sad day for all of us, Rube.

Sorry. I should've quoted feynmix in my original post; perhaps then it would've been slightly permissible.

I am duly chastened, gents. [​IMG]

11. jhao

jhao Senior member

If she likes sports, you can take her to a game , it's a good experience.

12. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

and i hit a home run.

13. Antonio Centeno

Antonio Centeno Senior member

Keep it all about the conversation, although throwing in an adrenaline rush is always a plus. I have a lot of pilot friends who always take their dates flying in a small plane.

14. presence

presence Senior member

I once took a date to the race track. We bet on the ponies, ate, drank a little bit, and had awesome conversation. It was a blast. Certain girls go for environments like this. They find it invigorating. A lot of women have never been to the track. It is a new experience for some.

15. doink

doink Senior member

A walk and dining in the trendy part of town is a good idea for another date.

This is what I typically do, meet for a either a late lunch and go for a walk around an interesting neighbourhood, or meet for a late walk with dinner to follow. The best part of doing this is it gives both parties a way out. If lunch has been painful, then no need to go for a walk, if the walk goes well, then dinner is a natural to follow.

I also like going to art galleries, they give you a chance to see the other person's tastes and it provides for an automatic conversation tool. Once again, plan it for before dinner or after lunch.

16. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Maybe the culture is different here or maybe it's just me, but I've never taken a girl anywhere except out drinking on the first date. Second date might be coffee or a walk or something like that, but the first one is always beer and cheap booze. I usually buy the first round, after which usually girls insist on buying the second round (dating and all attempts at being gentlemanly truly are dead around here).

17. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

Maybe the culture is different here or maybe it's just me, but I've never taken a girl anywhere except out drinking on the first date. Second date might be coffee or a walk or something like that, but the first one is always beer and cheap booze. I usually buy the first round, after which usually girls insist on buying the second round (dating and all attempts at being gentlemanly truly are dead around here).

its definitely cause you are in Finland. Of course, each case is different, but coffee or dinner is usually the norm for a first date. The drinking and/or dancing might come later in the night, depending on the coffee/dinner.

18. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Necro Poast

what do you guys think about taking a girl out to play pool on a first date. I mean amongst other things that day. My school is having an event (she doesn't go to my school at all) where they are renting a fun center type place (bowling, pingpong, billiards, etc) and this date is nothing serious and I would prefer to keep it that way. Just want to show her a good time. She has never played pool, so I think this would be a good opportunity to get closer to her (teach her how to handle the stick and balls).

Was thinking of going to a park or something before and or a cafe before/after. Been a while since I have been on a 'first date' sort of situation and I am a bit borked on money atm so cheap but fun is good.

Also she doesnt drink booze so bar hopping is kinda out.

19. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ^What would Freud say about that?

20. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Necro Poast

what do you guys think about taking a girl out to play pool on a first date. I mean amongst other things that day. My school is having an event (she doesn't go to my school at all) where they are renting a fun center type place (bowling, pingpong, billiards, etc) and this date is nothing serious and I would prefer to keep it that way. Just want to show her a good time. She has never played pool, so I think this would be a good opportunity to get closer to her (teach her how to handle the stick and balls).

Was thinking of going to a park or something before and or a cafe before/after. Been a while since I have been on a 'first date' sort of situation and I am a bit borked on money atm so cheap but fun is good.

Also she doesnt drink booze so bar hopping is kinda out.

^^^ [​IMG] wait - why are you seeing this young lady again???