1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite clothes (w/pics)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mike C., Jul 24, 2004.

1. brescd01

brescd01 Senior member

Holy shit, Andrew, you have the most gorgious wardrobe I have ever seen. And you even photograph it nicely.

2. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Congtratulations on such a lovely collection. You have alot of brown. Well done son.

3. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Thread derail: Are these the LTD, the GTO, or something else? I'm largely clueless when it comes to PDC jeans, but ideally, I'd like to get a pair that are fairly slim up top, but with a boot-cut/flared leg.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Andrew,

Very nice -- understated, classic and tasteful. Wish I had every one of those pieces

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Wish I had access to a digital camera. I'll try. Anyways, a list:

1) Paper denim 1-year GTO (dark, slim bootcut jeans) and ICON clone wash jeans.
    2) Moleskin snap button shirt/jackets by Jil Sander (circa 1997) - one in brown, the other in burnt orange.
    3) Costume National mid-length moleskin jacket in dark brown
    4) Indian red/brown Prada stretch poplin shirt in a hybrid western style, with buttons made into snaps (did that myself).
    5) Baltazar iron cross belt - rich brown strap with white crosses.
    6) Dark brown Prada buckle back boots from the F/W "western" season.;.
    7) Many, many pairs of sneakers. I currently wear the brown beige camo Nike Vandals, and switch them with my Reebok limited edition beige corduroy with distressed waxed leather accents Supercourts.
    8) Black Prodesign titanium frames - love those things.
    9) Vintage green track jacket with raised fist logo and stripes in white- fits great, nice detail. Love it - best $27 I spent
    10) Single breasted, 3-button black crepe suit with peaked lapels by Emporio Armani. Fused, blah blah blah, but the fit to a t, and drape is slim but relaxed - it's my go-to suit.

6. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Andrew, I agree with the accolades, very nice.

7. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

You knew AHarris was going to have some amazing things... the coats are absolutely terrific and so versatile.

8. ernest

ernest Senior member

Is not "comme des garcons" a brand for women?

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Originally Posted by VWpete,25 July 2004, 9:29
    Here's my attempt w/ a few favorites: Raw Dior Homme skinny jeans Grey wool w/ cotton insert Comme Des Garcons jacket Etro Striped Shirt Black Les Hommes shirt with placket deconstructed details Black Costume National dual monk strap shoes White vintage German military trainers- made by Adidas in the 70's (Dior Homme copied this design this season)[​IMG]
    Is not "comme des garcons" a brand for women?
    No, Comme des Garcons has Comme des Garcons Homme Plus. And Comme des Garcons Shirt. Designed by Junya Watanabe.

10. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

(Mike C. @ 23 July 2004, 11:00) Jeans: PD&C slim, bootcut fit with rips and tears
    Thread derail: Are these the LTD, the GTO, or something else? I'm largely clueless when it comes to PDC jeans, but ideally, I'd like to get a pair that are fairly slim up top, but with a boot-cut/flared leg.
    The label reads "2-TAT-71, New Retro." I haven't found a as good a fitting pair from PDC since this one. It is every slim through the thighs with a moderate, just right, bootcut.

11. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks guys. Let's see some more pics - I know you guys have got some great stuff.

LA, I like the sound of those moleskin shirt jackets and the Prada Western shirt.

On thing - when replying in this thread, it's better to quote without the picture - that way the people with high-speed don't have to download the same pic over and over...

12. VWpete

VWpete Senior member

Tha jacket's Comme des Garcon shirt by Junya. Sorry for the confusion.
    Peter