• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Christmas story

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^ a good fruitcake does. only good xmas gift i ever get from my mother-in-law is a white-iced irish fruitcake soaked in whiskey.

Yeah, I had grandfolks that did the same thing. I'd still prefer if it could be poured over ice.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Junky's Christmas by William Burroughs - the movie, not the recording on Spare Ass Annie!

First saw it on Christmas Eve in '96 while recovering from a dose of malaria. Good times!

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I just shared Piobaires' story with Laurel and it made her cry. Good one...she insists we send you something for Christmas (actually your Mother). So now I have got a distraught woman and your Mother to worry about. I'll pm you in the morning if I actually need her mailing address. This is too funny. I'm going to go feed my new Coyote buddies...WTF are they doing in the middle of Seattle?

X-It

Reaction score
The Little Match Girl -- Hans Christian Andersen

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad Santa.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I just shared Piobaires' story with Laurel and it made her cry. Good one...she insists we send you something for Christmas (actually your Mother). So now I have got a distraught woman and your Mother to worry about. I'll pm you in the morning if I actually need her mailing address. This is too funny. I'm going to go feed my new Coyote buddies...WTF are they doing in the middle of Seattle?

She's hinting to me a Blue Ray would go nicely with the flatscreen I got her last year. Consider that or a carton of smokes. FWIW, the Blue Ray might cost less.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I'd still prefer if it could be poured over ice.
Please tell me you don't pour your scotch over ice.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne

Is your favorite Xmas story when Charles de Gaulle flies around and delivers presents?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne

I do. Two cubes and it opens it up nicely. Some will argue neat, but IMO, you need the alcohol diluted a bit to taste the finer points. Others use distilled water, which basically has the same effect as two ice cubes, but doesn't chill the drink.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^+1. neat is for alcoholics who just need the fuel IMO.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Is your favorite Xmas story when Charles de Gaulle flies around and delivers presents?
My favourite ones usually involves sex, drugs and violence.
Some will argue neat, but IMO, you need the alcohol diluted a bit to taste the finer points.
I drink it neat, but I have nothing against some water. It's the chilling that irks me.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
She's hinting to me a Blue Ray would go nicely with the flatscreen I got her last year. Consider that or a carton of smokes. FWIW, the Blue Ray might cost less.

Nobody in Seattle lives too far from a rez. What kind of movie (if Laurel is still feeling so emotional)? MORE CHRISTMAS STORIES!

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do. Two cubes and it opens it up nicely. Some will argue neat, but IMO, you need the alcohol diluted a bit to taste the finer points. Others use distilled water, which basically has the same effect as two ice cubes, but doesn't chill the drink.

I second Kunk and Piobaire.

In the warmer months I'll use the bit of distilled water instead.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Nobody in Seattle lives too far from a rez. What kind of movie (if Laurel is still feeling so emotional)? MORE CHRISTMAS STORIES!

Movie? Dood, she's expecting a blue ray player.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Scrooged, the movie with Bill Murray.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads