• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Champagne???

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
????
lookaround.gif

Bouji

Reaction score
Dom Runiart

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm fond of Krug non-vintage, but there are very good offerings from DP, Cristal, Bollinger, and the like. The 96 Dom is a great champagne that is still available at fairly low prices at non-traditional outlets.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soutiran Perle Noire.

--Andre

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Louis Roederer Cristal RosÃ
00a9.png
Dom Perignon -56

Bouji

Reaction score
DP, and Cristal are all for one of two types:

1. Those who cannot be bothered to find far superior Champagne at a much lower price.

2. Rap and R&B music artists.

I'd much rather go with Grande Dame, Pol Roger Winston Churchill or Bollinger R.D.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
DP, and Cristal are all for one of two types:

1. Those who cannot be bothered to find far superior Champagne at a much lower price.

2. Rap and R&B music artists.

I'd much rather go with Grande Dame, Pol Roger Winston Churchill or Bollinger R.D.

A lot of that depends on your taste in champagne. Many people find the taste of Bollinger to be rather dry. I recently had a 85 RD that was quite good, but I would say that it's not for everyone. Krug NV is an eminently drinkable champagne if not particularly cheap.

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
A lot of that depends on your taste in champagne. Many people find the taste of Bollinger to be rather dry. I recently had a 85 RD that was quite good, but I would say that it's not for everyone. Krug NV is an eminently drinkable champagne if not particularly cheap.

Yes, it does come down to taste.

I like DP, and Krug whilst I do not like Cristal.

I won't drink DP or Cristal because of the stigma attached.

malek

Reaction score
There are many great champagnes at more modest prices than cristal lol...
Anyway when I party i usually drink champagne in the end, after many drinks, and my mental state at that point doesn't differenciate between good and bad champagne lol... Usually all bottles over 20 euros are good here
inlove.gif

Sorry for being dement
crazy.gif

C'est pas de ma faute...

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
Yes, it does come down to taste.

I like DP, and Krug whilst I do not like Cristal.

I won't drink DP or Cristal because of the stigma attached.

That's silly, you're letting other people ruin a perfectly good champagne for you. You don't have to go out to a restaurant and loudly order a bottle of Cristal but what prevents you from drinking what you like in your own home?

I can understand the cost argument but I'm not entirely sure its central to what we're discussing.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know absolute nothing about Champagnes (West Coast (California, Washington, and Oregon) Reds and whites are what I concentrate on), but I had an absolutely terrific '90 Charles Latour (sp?) a little while back
inlove.gif
. I was told afterwards by people who know better than I did that my completely novice tastebuds did not fail me at that time.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Diebolt Vallois Blanc de Blanc NV. About $35 retail. Drinks like a $100+ bottle.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AndrÃ
00a9.png
, if you don't know this $4.99 wine then you just dont know

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
best value (technically sparkling wine from CA)- Scharffenberger Brut NV ~$18-20.

of the small growers - Rene Geoffroy

of the bigger estates (but still relatively small) - Beaumont des Crayeres.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Egly-Ouriet Blanc de Noirs
Gosset Rose
Jacques Selosse

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads