• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite chain restaurant?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite chain and regular restaurant is Benihana.

Btw, I know of at least a couple of Cheesecake Factories here in NJ, so they're not just in socal. I don't really like it there because there's too much variety. "Hmm, do I feel like Chinese food today, or do I feel like a steak and potatoes?"

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Gilbert's. It's a small steakhouse chain with only four locations. Prices aren't as high as Ruth's Chris or Morton's, but I've found the food to be comparable.

As for big chains, I'll vote for The Cheesecake Factory, as well.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and from another thread, not sure if they'd be considered a chain or fast-food or if there's even a difference, but the Waffle House of course!!!

-Jeff

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised at all the love for the cheesecake factory. I hate that place. The constant wait is the biggest reason. A friend of mine calls it "applebees with table cloths."

I can be drawn into California Pizza Kitchen and Maggiano's.

For local or fast food, Five Guys is great, and Austin Grill (handful of DC metro/Baltimore locations... cheap Shiner Bock) and DuClaw Brewery (Maryland microbrewery with multiple locations) do a consistent job.

Oh wait, how could I forget Hooters?!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red Robin's

IHOP

Ummmmm....now I'm hungry even though I'm literally eating my lunch right now.

bob

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For small chain restaurants I really love Vong, their prix fixe and tasting menu prices are very reasonable given the quality. They have 4 locations in NY, Chicago, London & Hong Kong. I've tried the NY and London locations, I like NY slightly better.

For large chain I like Earl. Open kitchens, large portions, brick oven pizzas, lively atmosphere and very good prices.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you want to talk fast food I like Mos Burger

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm...

Morton's, Penang, Wahoo's, The Hat, Aijsen Ramen for a few...

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Houston's. Consistently good food and good service, although paying for bread is a bit over the top for a chain.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite the name, is One China a chain restaurant? They could name each location after each administrative zone like One China-Mainland, One China-Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and so on.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I'm surprised at all the love for the cheesecake factory. I hate that place. The constant wait is the biggest reason. A friend of mine calls it "applebees with table cloths."
Cheesecake factory is great because most of their food is fairly decent and everyone can find something that they like there. Its a great place to go with a large group of people. Too many choices can be a downside, but better than going to a place that doesn't have anything interesting. Great desserts and drinks too!

Trust me, CF is a giant leap above applebees. I know someone who worked there and the only cooking appliances applebees have in their kitchens are microwaves and deep-fryers. No ovens/stoves/grills/etc. Ouch!

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I'm addicted to Chipotle.

Carey

Reaction score
+1 Ruth's Chris.
+1 Chipotle.

Palm Steakhouse.

Hardees actually makes a very good fastfood burger.

Cheesecake Factory - my god who wants mango iced tea? Too many choices = nothing good.

Magiannos blows, too.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carey
Cheesecake Factory - my god who wants mango iced tea? Too many choices = nothing good.

Magiannos blows, too.

SouthPark, right? All the cool kids denigrate that location, but how come I can never get a table in less than 45 minutes?
laugh.gif

The iced tea at Cheesecake Factory is awful, but I've only had one bad meal there: the pizza, on a slow weeknight. Other than that it's been pretty good. Maggiano's is a little overpriced, but if you order the family-style selections, the food is tasty and plentiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads