Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite Casual Jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Oct 15, 2007.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

With Fall well underway I thought it would be fun to ask people to post their favorite casual jacket......

Here is mine. A Buzz Rickson (Japanese manufacturer) version of a black MA-1 jacket from their William Gibson Collection. The fit is great (TGIL) and it is nice and warm. I can't say I mind that it makes me look like I've been to the gym a lot.

2. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

[​IMG] Filson Tin Cruiser. I doubt I will ever do it justice.

3. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Civil A-2 from Flight Suits.

[​IMG]

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Is that first jacket YSL Rive Gauche?

I used to have that exact jacket... s/s 2003 or thereabouts. I loved it, but just never had the occasion to wear it. I'm glad to see you've found ways to integrate it (very well, I might add), into your wardrobe.

6. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Is that first jacket YSL Rive Gauche?

YES!
    I'd say this is probably my favorite article of clothing of all time. It is the only thing in my closet I've forbiden my boyfriend from every wearing...funny thing was that me buying it was partially the cause of a break up I had with a guy I was seeing at the time.

I don't care if I rip the nylon to shreds I'll never throw it away.

7. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

YES! I'd say this is probably my favorite article of clothing of all time. It is the only thing in my closet I've forbiden my boyfriend from every wearing...funny thing was that me buying it was partially the cause of a break up I had with a guy I was seeing at the time. I don't care if I rip the nylon to shreds I'll never throw it away.
    I thought I recognized it; you are right that it's a great jacket. Great fit, great details, amazing color combo, all around a superb item. Of course, for a $900 nylon jacket, it should be. [​IMG] I just NEVER found the occasion to wear mine and so got rid of it a year or two back. I tended to have that problem with a lot of YSL/Tom Ford that I bought from 2002-2004... the items were gorgeous but hard for me to wear. I think, now, the only thing I have left is the classic white cotton blazer with the carnation holder sewn into the back of the lapel. I never get to wear it, either, but I refuse to get rid of it. My ONLY complaint I had with the nylon jacket, though, was that the massive RIRI zippers and heavy snaps along the collar were almost TOO heavy for the light, silky nylon.

8. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

9. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

10. aarghh

aarghh Senior member

My current favorite is a Swedish Army jacket in grey-brown wool. Action back, slightly flared skirt, slash pockets, shirt collar, and pewter buttons. Nice slim fit too.