• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite button up shirts for 200-300 dollars.

Chordate

Reaction score
From what I have seen, most premium brands have their shirts priced in this range (of course there are many excptions, like T&A, SF, Brioni, Kiton, ect.) But of those in that range... off the top of my head, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Zegna, Armani Collection, Versace, Prada (some shirts), Gucci, RL Purple Label, ect... what is your favorite? I'd have to say Etro because I like the fit and design the best, with Zegna at second. Although I am very fond of the RL Purple Label french collar and cuff shirts... I just bought 5 pairs last week.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chordate
From what I have seen, most premium brands have their shirts priced in this range (of course there are many excptions, like T&A, SF, Brioni, Kiton, ect.) But of those in that range... off the top of my head, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Zegna, Armani Collection, Versace, Prada (some shirts), Gucci, RL Purple Label, ect... what is your favorite? I'd have to say Etro because I like the fit and design the best, with Zegna at second. Although I am very fond of the RL Purple Label french collar and cuff shirts... I just bought 5 pairs last week.

If you are talking strictly for casual wear, and not as 'dress shirts', I'd also say Etro.

I like quite a few of their more subdued designs, and they tend to fit pretty well.

Also, some of the mainline Versace Couture, and Prada/Gucci are nice as well, but rather for their paterns/fabrics/fit, rather than construction.

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
for that range i'd prolly say my dior homme,commes de garcons,paul smith,burberry and RLPL are my best button-ups

CitizenK

Reaction score
Barba and Finamore win hands down for me.

MSRP of approx. $300, get 'em on EBay for as low as $50.

What's not to like about that?

Regards!

trogdor

Reaction score
How much to Hilditch & Key go for in the US? They'd probably come in at under $200 US, but they're pretty good shirts.

Jolly Green

Reaction score
$200-300 for an OTR shirts? Seems silly to me when you can get a custom shirt just how I like it that fits correctly for half that.

But then, I'm not brand conscious.

Cheers,
D

Jolly Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
6 Jantzen shirts.

Or there is that.
smile.gif

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jolly Green
Or there is that.
smile.gif

Sorry. Someone was going to say it. I just had to get that out of the way.
smile.gif

Chordate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
If you are talking strictly for casual wear, and not as 'dress shirts', I'd also say Etro.

Yes, I ment casual wear...

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you still get T&A for under $300?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Though I'm sure kitonbrioni will give us many reasons, I too can't imagine why someone would pay $300 and have the shirt not be made to measure or bespoke. Now that I've started, I never want to go back.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads