1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite button up shirts for 200-300 dollars.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chordate, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Chordate

Chordate Member

From what I have seen, most premium brands have their shirts priced in this range (of course there are many excptions, like T&A, SF, Brioni, Kiton, ect.) But of those in that range... off the top of my head, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Zegna, Armani Collection, Versace, Prada (some shirts), Gucci, RL Purple Label, ect... what is your favorite? I'd have to say Etro because I like the fit and design the best, with Zegna at second. Although I am very fond of the RL Purple Label french collar and cuff shirts... I just bought 5 pairs last week.

2. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

From what I have seen, most premium brands have their shirts priced in this range (of course there are many excptions, like T&A, SF, Brioni, Kiton, ect.) But of those in that range... off the top of my head, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Zegna, Armani Collection, Versace, Prada (some shirts), Gucci, RL Purple Label, ect... what is your favorite? I'd have to say Etro because I like the fit and design the best, with Zegna at second. Although I am very fond of the RL Purple Label french collar and cuff shirts... I just bought 5 pairs last week.

If you are talking strictly for casual wear, and not as 'dress shirts', I'd also say Etro.

I like quite a few of their more subdued designs, and they tend to fit pretty well.

Also, some of the mainline Versace Couture, and Prada/Gucci are nice as well, but rather for their paterns/fabrics/fit, rather than construction.

3. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior Member

for that range i'd prolly say my dior homme,commes de garcons,paul smith,burberry and RLPL are my best button-ups

4. CitizenK

CitizenK Active Member

Barba and Finamore win hands down for me.

MSRP of approx. $300, get 'em on EBay for as low as $50.

What's not to like about that?

Regards!

5. trogdor

trogdor Senior Member

How much to Hilditch & Key go for in the US? They'd probably come in at under $200 US, but they're pretty good shirts.

6. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior Member

7. Jolly Green

Jolly Green Well-Known Member

$200-300 for an OTR shirts? Seems silly to me when you can get a custom shirt just how I like it that fits correctly for half that.

But then, I'm not brand conscious.

Cheers,
    D

8. jmatt

jmatt Senior Member

6 Jantzen shirts.

9. Jolly Green

Jolly Green Well-Known Member

6 Jantzen shirts.

Or there is that. [​IMG]

10. jmatt

jmatt Senior Member

Or there is that. [​IMG]
    Sorry. Someone was going to say it. I just had to get that out of the way. [​IMG]

11. Chordate

Chordate Member

If you are talking strictly for casual wear, and not as 'dress shirts', I'd also say Etro.

Yes, I ment casual wear...

12. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

Can't you still get T&A for under $300?

13. kali77

kali77 Senior Member

6 Jantzen shirts.

X2 Just placed a 7 shirt order on the 19th[​IMG]

14. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I placed a sixer, and have received confirmation from the man himself. Every day I eagerly check the mail. Sigh.

15. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Though I'm sure kitonbrioni will give us many reasons, I too can't imagine why someone would pay $300 and have the shirt not be made to measure or bespoke. Now that I've started, I never want to go back. [​IMG]