Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite Beers

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mrgoblueguy, Jun 14, 2005.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

How could I forget Natty Boh? $9/case. [​IMG]

2. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

John Courage

Smithwicks

3. Eric

Eric Senior member

Sierra Nevada is pretty sweet stuff.

I usually drink Kilians or Yueng Ling.

Eric

4. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior member

(countdemoney @ June 16 2005,04:06) Sprecher - Milwaukee Pilsner. Seasonal brew. It's like Pilsner Urquell only better.
    that, my friend, is heresy. nothing is like urquell, only better. there are different types of beer that are much better than pilzner, but urquell is an archtype, a liquid god, if you will. not that I am freakishly into beer or anything, I am just trying to set the record straight. the other good thing about urquell is that it is a breakfast beer - it is perfectly acceptable to drink it for breakfast. if your significant other questions this, tell them that's what it says on the bottle, in czech.
    There's "breakfast beer"? That sounds like something Homer would say, "ummmmmmm, breakfast beer."

5. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Originally Posted by countdemoney,June 16 2005,04:06
    Sprecher - Milwaukee Pilsner. Seasonal brew. It's like Pilsner Urquell only better.
    that, my friend, is heresy. nothing is like urquell, only better. there are different types of beer that are much better than pilzner, but urquell is an archtype, a liquid god, if you will. not that I am freakishly into beer or anything, I am just trying to set the record straight. the other good thing about urquell is that it is a breakfast beer - it is perfectly acceptable to drink it for breakfast. if your significant other questions this, tell them that's what it says on the bottle, in czech.
    I wasn't making that comparison lightly, and there was no disrespect meant. Urquell is a fantastic beer. But the Milwaukee Pilsner. . . it's mighty good stuff. Here's a link to Sprecher: http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.html Sprecher's Mai Bock has won some awards, but it doesn't grab me the same way as some other bocks.

6. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Fresh Florida Beer... Its not just for breakfast anymore...

No favorable mentions for Grolsch?

7. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

One of my best friends in college (and up to the present day) was known to drink a Pearl from time to time. When asked why there were a bunch of Pearl cans on the ledge of his shower, he replied, "I can't lather up holding a beer in one hand."

I love the bottles. The beer's okay but not my favorite.

If I had to choose one beer, it would be Young's Chocolate Stout.

8. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

Fresh Florida Beer... Its not just for breakfast anymore...
    One of my best friends in college (and up to the present day) was known to drink a Pearl from time to time. When asked why there were a bunch of Pearl cans on the ledge of his shower, he replied, "I can't lather up holding a beer in one hand."
    I love the bottles. The beer's okay but not my favorite. If I had to choose one beer, it would be Young's Chocolate Stout.
    grolsch bottles are immensely useful for bottling your own beer.

9. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Precisely why I love the bottles.

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

(globetrotter @ June 16 2005,07:33)
    Sprecher - Milwaukee Pilsner. Seasonal brew. It's like Pilsner Urquell only better.
    I wasn't making that comparison lightly, and there was no disrespect meant. Urquell is a fantastic beer. But the Milwaukee Pilsner. . . it's mighty good stuff. Here's a link to Sprecher: http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.html Sprecher's Mai Bock has won some awards, but it doesn't grab me the same way as some other bocks.
    I haven't tried it, and it may be very very good. I consider urquell an archtype, though, sort of the perfect example of its kind. the reference to breakfast beer- it is not uncommon in the czech republic to drnk beer with breekfast, I have done it several times with locals who seemed to think it was totally normal.

11. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

12. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Schneider Aventinus Doppelbock... ambrosia if it were twice distilled...

13. Matt

Matt [email protected]

from my hometown... [​IMG] Coopers Sparkling Ale and Coopers Pale Ale

14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Acme IPA
    Pilsner Urquell
    Guinness
    Corona

15. Matt

Matt [email protected]

i think corona is so overrated