• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Beers

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
I went to a local beer garden I had never been before to try some new beers and was wondering what are your favorites? They had a decent selection (53 on tap and 100 in bottle). I had a Goose Island Summer Time Ale and a Belgian White Wheat Ale. They were not bad, but I had to go back to my old standby-Guinness. I was jsut wondering what are your guys favorite beers year round and what do yo ulike to drink during the summer?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
My supply is somewhat limited--I just don't think hefeweizen and krystalweizen are all they're cracked up to be, and they're the popular ones around here. There're also a couple of kinds of pils that might as well be Bud. Mark me down for Guiness year round, dunklebier when I can get it (Paulaner sells it as amber in the States), and the Hofbrauhaus' Oktoberfest brew during the relevant weeks in September
thumbs-up.gif
Tom

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The two hallmarks of modern civilization are having a Starbucks, and being able to obtain Guinness on tap.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like atlbeer when it is cold, and wheat beer when it is warm. if I can't get alt beer, which is most of the time, I will drink bitter.

for wheat beer my favorite is hoegarten, but there are a few good american made "beligan style whites" that are pretty good.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summer -- Belgian fruity beers
Year-round -- Black and tan (is that heresy for the Guinness drinkers?), Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fosters.

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
I tried one called John Smith a while that was to be drunk at room temperature. It was not bad. I also love Boddington's.

petescolari

Reaction score
Smuttynose IPA
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
McChouffe
Brooklyn Blanche de Brooklyn
McNeill's Firehouse Amber

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Smuttynose IPA
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
McChouffe
Brooklyn Blanche de Brooklyn
McNeill's Firehouse Amber
the blanche de brookline is a nice beer,

petescolari

Reaction score
the blanche de brookline is a nice beer,
I can drink BdeB all day long. I made the mistake of drinking too many La Fin du Mond while in Montreal for F1 on the first day. On Saturday I made sure to change to Blanche de Chambly.

If you like the Brooklyn, try Allagash White. I really like the grey area between a traditional wit and hefe that some of those beers cross.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've actually tried the allagash white too, and seem to remember it was pretty nice. I had a bar-b-que with about 40 people a few weeks ago, and about half brought beer, so I had a chance to try a lot of nice small brewery beers - the alagash and a bunch from saranac.

but my local carries BdeB and it is a very nice hot weather beer.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dogfish Head - 60 Minute IPA Sierra Nevada - IPA and Porter Yuengling Lager Pretty much everything out of Brooklyn brewery is good (though I didn't care for the Pennant Ale - I think it was called that). In Baltimore, Brewers Art has some really good beer.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tusker

Nostradamus

Delirium Nocturnum

Pilsner Urquell

Old Peculiar

Kwak

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could afford it, I'd drink more Chimay. But more often, I prefer Heineken, Kirin Ichiban, and Sapporo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads