Favorite Beatles Song?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Jul 20, 2009.

1. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

"A Day in the Life" Also the "Golden Slumbers/The End" medley on Abbey Road.
    Yeah, them.
    You fight like a fat 14 year-old goth girl standing in front of Hot Topic. My personal favorite is, "She's So Heavy."
    ...and that too.
    "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)"
    Gotta include that...and a dozen or so more. This is like picking which of your kids is your favorite.

2. kontai69

kontai69 Senior member

Yesterday. Sad but beautiful ballad.

3. why

why Senior member

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Eleanor Rigby comes in second, Get Back in third.

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

Tomorrow Never Knows, Helter Skelter, the entire Rubber Soul album.

5. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I am the Walrus. And I love her. [​IMG]

6. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

The mid=period jangle pop: If I Needed Someone, I Feel Fine, Drive My Car, Ticket to Ride, etc. Their peak.

yup.

7. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

"Rain"
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. or "I'm Only Sleeping"
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

About once every year so I become overwhelmed and flabbergasted by the volume of outstanding material the Beatles made. They can't be overrated. This applies to the Stones, Miles Davis, and to a lesser extent other artists as well.

9. willpower

willpower Senior member

Here's unreleased Take 11 of "What You're Doing". Rough, but the harmonies are cool

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Rare footage of "Get Back"

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

you've got to hide your love away
    mr postman (i like their rendition better than previous performers. much much better)
    a day in the life

my top 3

11. quevola

quevola Senior member

12. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

Happiness is a Warm Gun and Don't Let Me Down

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

In My Life, Come Together, Day In The Life, She' Leaving Home, Blackbird....

14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

The mid=period jangle pop

"Rain" or "I'm Only Sleeping"

+1

Another Girl

Hide Your Love Away

15. mdg137

mdg137 Senior member