1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Beatles Song?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

The mid=period jangle pop: If I Needed Someone, I Feel Fine, Drive My Car, Ticket to Ride, etc. Their peak.

yup.

2. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

"Rain"
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. or "I'm Only Sleeping"
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

About once every year so I become overwhelmed and flabbergasted by the volume of outstanding material the Beatles made. They can't be overrated. This applies to the Stones, Miles Davis, and to a lesser extent other artists as well.

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

Here's unreleased Take 11 of "What You're Doing". Rough, but the harmonies are cool

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Rare footage of "Get Back"

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

you've got to hide your love away
    mr postman (i like their rendition better than previous performers. much much better)
    a day in the life

my top 3

6. quevola

quevola Senior member

7. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

Happiness is a Warm Gun and Don't Let Me Down

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

In My Life, Come Together, Day In The Life, She' Leaving Home, Blackbird....

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

The mid=period jangle pop

"Rain" or "I'm Only Sleeping"

+1

Another Girl

Hide Your Love Away

10. mdg137

mdg137 Senior member

A Day in the Life

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Indeed

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

About once every year so I become overwhelmed and flabbergasted by the volume of outstanding material the Beatles made. They can't be overrated. This applies to the Stones, Miles Davis, and to a lesser extent other artists as well.

Yeah, it's easy to take them for granted since their songs are so ingrained in pop culture, it feels like they've always existed. It's good to remember that four real guys created all this stuff in about a 10 year span. I heard some Stanford academic panel on the Beatles awhile back, and one thing I remember some prof said is that their songs -- particularly the mid- and late-period ones -- have like 5 or 6 themes rolled into each song. "Day in the Life" probably has 8 or 9 mini-songs within just that one song. Impressive.

I also admire their canny ability to be smart and funny and visually-minded as well as musical.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Mine is probably "Eleanor Rigby"
    "A Day in the Life"
    These

14. rasclaat-joe

rasclaat-joe Member

my favs gotta be Getting Better, and REVOLUTION.

15. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

my uncle's vinyl "White" album was my intro to Beatles. also, like "Let It Be" and "Abbey Road".

songs:
    a day in a life
    revolution
    let it be
    come 2gether
    something
    here comes the sun
    long & winding road
    while my guitar gently weeps
    i will

16. spencers

spencers Senior member

Yellow Submarine. Brings back memories.

17. MsMcGillicuddy

MsMcGillicuddy Senior member

you've got to hide your love away
    mr postman (i like their rendition better than previous performers. much much better)
    a day in the life

my top 3

+1

HELP! is such a great film, and I really love John singing You've Got to Hide Your Love Away in it.

I'd add Here There and Everwhere to the list.

For you Beatle fans who plan to be in Vegas any time soon, go see LOVE. Yes, it's Cirque du Soleil. But it's beyond brilliant. The way they remix and reuse the music to tell the story is insane.

I'm also extremely partial to All You Need is Love. It makes me happy.

18. r...

r... Senior member

Happiness is a Warm Gun
    Across the Universe

19. why

why Senior member

I forgot to add Paperback Writer for its purposely silly playfulness.

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No love for Rocky Raccoon?

+1 on Yellow Submarine. Hell, +1 on all the Ringo songs. He's a bad mutherfucka.