• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite albums of 2011

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
two door cinema club (2010, but wide release 2011)

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
charlesbrafleynotimefordreaming.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OKkervil River, "I am very far"

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I can't get over how good Kaputt by Destroyer is. http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Kaputt+/43164152?src=5 What are your 2011 faves?
honestly was surprised to see this mentioned here, in the first post no less. definitely the best album i've heard so far this year. actually Miami Horror's Illumination is the best album i've heard all year but it came out in 2010. unfortunately I missed Destroyer a couple months back cuz it was raining out and i was sick and just didn't feel like getting over to the show, biggest regret so far this year. also: The Holidays - Post Paradise (technically 2010, but released in Japan 2011-does that count? haha) Cut Copy - Zonoscope Friendly Fires - Pala Starfucker - Reptilians Bibio - Mind Bokeh Holy Ghost - Holy Ghost and anticipating Junior Boys - It's All True

barzen

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the new Fleet Foxes album, as well as Rome by Danger Mouse.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TV on the Radio is probably my favorite so far.

Also liked Kurt Vile and James Blake.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
has rebecca black released her album yet? Ill withold my vote until that glorious day.
wink.gif
Brothers by the Black keys is probably the only album i bought this year.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
has rebecca black released her album yet? Ill withold my vote until that glorious day.
wink.gif
Brothers by the Black keys is probably the only album i bought this year.

ditto on both accounts

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
honestly was surprised to see this mentioned here, in the first post no less. definitely the best album i've heard so far this year. actually Miami Horror's Illumination is the best album i've heard all year but it came out in 2010. unfortunately I missed Destroyer a couple months back cuz it was raining out and i was sick and just didn't feel like getting over to the show, biggest regret so far this year.
Funny, as long as Destroyer has been around, I just discovered it this year. Some of the songs are so good that, at certain sublime moments, they provide a fleeting glimpse into the musical equivalent of satori. I'm not even being pretentious - I actually mean it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads