• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fav coffee brands and roasts?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Top Pot when I can get it.
Intelgensia is the ****, I would hold it up to anything from Seattle or Europe.

Whats in your cup?

Also, what is your best brew method?

My brother-in-law is a kitchen gadget freak, he has a cold brew maker, which I was very skeptical of, but when I drank the undilluted brew cold, it was kick ass....

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use one of these:

300working.jpg

with this coffee:

6008z.jpg

As a matter of fact, I'm drinking this right now with some condensed milk and ice.

Yum!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My go to is Peet's Mocha Java brewed by the cup in a gold filter and cone. Peet's Gran Panama this summer was also very good. For espresso, I enjoy Illy.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Man, Du Monde. I think I'd feel like I was cheating on my best friend's wife if I had a cup without a set of beignets. I'm a man who likes his coffee or, more specifically, espresso. I graduated from crap like Starbucks to local coffee companies and regional chains to "upscale" like Illy but have found my company with Coffee People. Their Black Tiger and Coffee People's Best blends are fantastic for espresso, perhaps some of the best I've had. I usually use a small Braun espresso machine to make my daily morning double-shot. Ideally I'd love an honest to God Italian machine and probably will end up buying one in another few years. For coffee, I like french presses and the traditional Costa Rican drip method known as a "choreador":
chorreadorjpgjx5.jpg
I'd love to hear which companies people go with for their espresso. I'll give Intelligentsia a shot. I had some unbelievable organic Peruvian coffee the other day at a restaurant. Wish I could remember the name but it made the top 5 all-time list.

spence

Reaction score
We're fortunate to have a local roaster just down the street. I don't even grind my own beans any more.

When I was into espresso I used to mail order the best stuff from all over, Had a Mazzer Mini etc...

I've come to realize that a simple drip or vac pot with good beans ground within a week is about as good as it gets. Beyond that just isn't worth my time
wink.gif

-spence

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Illy and have their espresso machine by Francis Francis. It's my morning ritual.

nioh

Reaction score
I buy beans from a local roaster, grind them myself and use for the most part, a french press.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I too am an espresso man - 2 double shots each morning. I have a Gaggia Tebe machine, but my choice of beans varies. I like Intelligencia Black Cat quite a bit, but I'm a dabbler by nature so I often try new things. I'm a fan of the Illy, just went through a bag of Lavazza Super Crema, sometimes pick up a pound of Peet's Major Dickson. Now that an Intelligencia store just opened in Silver Lake, I'll be drinking their stuff more often.

colin_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh
I buy beans from a local roaster, grind them myself and use for the most part, a french press.

perfect.. probably the best scenario.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh

Originally Posted by colin_
perfect.. probably the best scenario.

Perfect answer.
Locally roasted coffe is the only coffe that should be consumed the rest is simply dirty water.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another vote for locally roasted beans. There's no better quality or value IMHO. A friend of the family, however, brings this stuff as a gift when she visits, and it is amazing. I would mail-order it if the local coffeeshop closed.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite coffee:

21prcldfnvlaa160fb4.jpg

Gevalia makes a pretty good coffee too.

carlhuber

Reaction score
Thoughts on 100% Kona?

edit: I know it's a bean variety and neither a brand nor a roast, so let me specify. I really enjoy a medium-dark roasted Kona, freshly ground. Of course, being on the east coast, that's not really easy to procure without paying what I consider to be a silly amount.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy green beans up to 20 pounds at a time and roast them myself every few days. I like Espresso Monkey, Liquid Amber and Puro Scuro blends from Sweet Maria's.

Intellegentsia Black Cat is also very good.

I use a Gene Cafe roaster that can roast about half a pound of beans at a time. Roasted beans go into my Mazzer Mini (which is not really "mini" in size
laugh.gif
). Ground beans go into a Bodum french press or my Kitchen Aid ProLine dual boiler espresso machine (basically two Gaggias in one chassis).

On occasion I also make Turkish/Greek style coffee using a hand grinder and a briki pot.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am taking my, 2nd sip now as I, tap this message .

mycaffeul8.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads