• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fatsao Review

tony19

Reaction score
Hey guys - I always like to share reviews of recent sartorial activity whether it be good or bad. Well let me tell you I had an awesome experience. I am a tough fit for OTR suits. I'm on the shorter side and athletic (broad) so most suits usually need expensive tailoring to fit just right. I've been in the business world 3 years now and have finally found an awesome custom suit maker. His name is Fatsao (pronounced Fatso, yes I know its hysterical) and he is from Hong Kong. I was referred to him by another gentlemen in my line of business and I was not dissapointed.

First and foremost the fit was unreal. it was exactly what I asked for. also the details were perfect. not one detail was left out. the lapel width, hand stitching visible, functional button holes on the sleeve, etc. he nailed it. he barely spoke any english and wrote so much chicken scratch on a pad of paper I thought for sure I would be doomed. the only thing he kept saying was "i got it, i got it". the material was also insanely good. super 130's and 150's all the same price regardless. I got 4 suits for $420 each...shipped from HK! the suits are easliy comparable to paying upwards of $1,500 to $2,000 for an OTR at a high end dept. store. I've never had a better fitting suit and for a better price. you can't even get a Jos. A banks suit for that cheap. what was amazing is that i have no other tailoring or final touches. i just pulled them out of the box and they fit perfect. it was a very pleasant surprise. (note: you will have to get the suits pressed due to shipping once you receive them)

Anyways I guess it brings me to my point that I will never buy OTR suits ever again. Fatsao comes to both DC and NY probably twice a year. you meet him at his hotel room for the fitting. I'm on a large email distribution list that lets you know when he'll be in town. so shoot me a PM if you would like to be added to the list. ***he also does custom shirts i've heard that are just as great.

Hope this helps people out that are looking for inexpensive high quality great fitting custom suits.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
tony post pictures of your suits please!

OK. my roomy just got a digital so i will take them once they get back from getting pressed.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 248 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40