1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fat Guy Help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jb7761, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Mr.Perdition

Mr.Perdition Well-Known Member

Hi jb:

I have nothing really to add for recommendations. I just wanted to congratulate you on losing that weight. Quite an acheivement--good for you.

I recently lost 20lbs and I can't tell you how happy I was to move from an 18.5 neck to an 18 and 42 waist to a 40. The choices in clothing are far better once you get under that 18/40 threshhold.

Keep up the good work!

2. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I guess the proper term should have been obese, but fat seemed to sum it up without going all clinical you know?

I am not afraid to say it. I am overweight/fat/obese/whatever you want to call it, no denial here.

Unlike many who have a larger frame/bone structure I have slowly begun to realize that I had simply been lying to myself with the big boned thing...... turns out I am actually a skinny guy underneath!

My goal is to get under 200. That will still make me technically overweight on the BMI scale but it will also make me a very happy person, not to mention the clothes I will be able to buy!

We're all getting off topic here, but hey...just keep plugging away at it and you'll be fine. Be smart about it: eat healthy (NO starvation!) and balanced, get some exercise of some kind, and don't fall for any fad diet crapola. Don't go overboard on anything. Listen to the medical community. You'll get to a point to where you feel good, you doctor says you are healthy, and you're satisfied with your physique.

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I guess the proper term should have been obese, but fat seemed to sum it up without going all clinical you know?

My goal is to get under 200. That will still make me technically overweight on the BMI scale but it will also make me a very happy person, not to mention the clothes I will be able to buy!

Yeah, I call myself fat too. Technically obese. But you have the right idea, get it down to a weight you are comfortable with even if it's not quite the medical ideal.

And once you've reached your goal you can celebrate with a big shopping spree. I'll repeat my advice of hitting SYMS, FB, etc. to get that "portly" size if it works right now. Have it tailored. The great thing about well fitting clothes is that they can hide those flaws. I somehow look much thinner when I put on properly fitting trousers, shirts, jackets, etc. It amazes even me.

best of luck,

b