• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fat Burger

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone a fan?

I went today and got one with bacon, egg, cheese, pickles, and mustard, and a 2nd with chili, cheese, pickles and mustard. Normally I don't get anything more than a regular cheeseburger, but I wanted to try something new. Next I want to try a turkey burger, or maybe even a king burger if I'm feeling brave.

It's my favorite burger place. I enjoy it much more than In-N-Out and Carl's Jr, or any mom and pop I've been to.

http://www.fatburger.com/home/

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had Fat Burger once. It was ok, nothing to write home about. I prefer Fuddruckers to Fat Burger.

I had an extremely tasty burger last night at this place called Jane on Houston. It was juicy, large, great sauteed onions and mushrooms, nice thick cut apple cured bacon, and a fantastic roll. Great french fries too.

oceans11

Reaction score
Not sure where you are from but if you live anywhere in So. Cali or especially in the South OC area check out "The Counter". That place will change your mind about FatBurger being your favorite place. Plus there's Stella & Blue Moon on tap!

Originally Posted by Reggs
Anyone a fan?

I went today and got one with bacon, egg, cheese, pickles, and mustard, and a 2nd with chili, cheese, pickles and mustard. Normally I don't get anything more than a regular cheeseburger, but I wanted to try something new. Next I want to try a turkey burger, or maybe even a king burger if I'm feeling brave.

It's my favorite burger place. I enjoy it much more than In-N-Out and Carl's Jr, or any mom and pop I've been to.

http://www.fatburger.com/home/

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only been on the one on the strip in vegas, and that was maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It's okay. On the other hand, I've only been to in and out once (Santa Barbara, some location 10 or 15 minutes away from the airport).

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oceans11
Not sure where you are from but if you live anywhere in So. Cali or especially in the South OC area check out "The Counter". That place will change your mind about FatBurger being your favorite place. Plus there's Stella & Blue Moon on tap!

I do, and they have one in Irvine. I think I'll try it.

Asha'man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oceans11

There's one in Denver too, at Park Meadows. Very tasty burger, and they had Mirror Pond on tap.

oceans11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asha'man
There's one in Denver too, at Park Meadows. Very tasty burger, and they had Mirror Pond on tap.

I'll have to try that Mirror Pond. What does it resemble, if anything?

oceans11

Reaction score
Yup that's the one! My wife always gets the burger bowl & I laugh! But I tried it thinking since there's no bread I'll just get the 2/3rd pound instead of my usual 1/2 pound & good lord I don't think I ate again for about 2 days I was so full. So if you don't feel like having your hands & arms all greasy from the burger juice & cheese dripping (I just made myself hungry again!) then try the burger bowl. Yeah it looks a little girly but it'll work!

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to The Counter tonight. It had a lot more options than I was expecting. My only crits are that the sauces don't taste very fresh and they don't seem to season the beef like Fat Burger does. That said the beef was very fresh. I enjoyed it and want to try some of the more out there options on the menu. The malts are fantastic. I'm glad they bring it out with a spoon because that's how I prefer to enjoy it.

I got:

-1/3 lb beef well done

-Horseradish cheddar cheese

-Dijon balsamic(+ yellow mustard at the table and ketchup)

-Jalapenos
-Dill pickles
-Sprouts
-Tomatoes

-Sauteed mushrooms

-Hamburger bun

oceans11

Reaction score
I don't believe they season the meat because in all fairness I don't think they have to. The sauces? Are you talking about the ones that come with your fries? Probably not but it ain't Morton's or Ruth Chris!
laugh.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed it though. I forgot about this other place that has a good burger as well. It's called Habana's in Costa Mesa. It's a Cuban Restaurant but they have a kick a$$ burger. Be prepared because it is $12 bucks!
I went to The Counter tonight. It had a lot more options than I was expecting. My only crits are that the sauces don't taste very fresh and they don't seem to season the beef like Fat Burger does. That said the beef was very fresh. I enjoyed it and want to try some of the more out there options on the menu. The malts are fantastic. I'm glad they bring it out with a spoon because that's how I prefer to enjoy it.

I got:

-1/3 lb beef well done

-Horseradish cheddar cheese

-Dijon balsamic(+ yellow mustard at the table and ketchup)

-Jalapenos
-Dill pickles
-Sprouts
-Tomatoes

-Sauteed mushrooms

-Hamburger bun

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet. Thanks. Always looking for new restaurants to go to during the lunch hour. I'll have to try this place out soon.

oceans11

Reaction score
If you want to try a few other new places I would suggest Habana's in Costa Mesa & Tokyo Table in that new Jamboree Diamond in Irvine. Neither are too pricey but the food is pretty good. Habana's is just on another level. I know of another Cuban restaurant in LBC called Chacha's that's supposed to be even better than Habana's but I've never been. Oh if you like Peruvian food or want to try then hit up El Rocotto in Cerritos, right across the street from Cerritos Mall.

Originally Posted by BDC2823
Sweet. Thanks. Always looking for new restaurants to go to during the lunch hour. I'll have to try this place out soon.

Seanallen

Reaction score
I like fatburger, I'm a fan of the shakes there, but personally, I like In-n-out over it, at in-n-out, I get a decent burger for cheap

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in and out is in and out , the thread was about Fatburger. I will eat fatburger. They make a great turkey burger.

the law

Reaction score
Fatburger is overpriced for mediocre burgers. In-n-Out and Tommy's beat them out by far.
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads