1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fastest & easiest to go from Heathrow to Gatwick?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by von Rothbart, Oct 5, 2006.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

This is going to be my first time to make connecting flight in 2 airports. I have 3 hours & 10 minutes to make the connection, is it going to be enough after I go thru customs and luggage claims?

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

This is going to be my first time to make connecting flight in 2 airports. I have 3 hours & 10 minutes to make the connection, is it going to be enough after I go thru customs and luggage claims?
    The real problem will be reentry to the airport. Last month, entering Gatwick's gate area took me AGES. As for transportation, there are coaches and trains. I believe the Gatwick/Heathrow airports have web listings.

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I've done it (about 10 years ago though) and I believe the best way to travel is by rail; I think you may have to change trains somewhere. Perhaps London locals can be more specific but depending on the hour of the day, I would avoid roads given that 3hrs is kinda cutting it close.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Rocket-powered jet car; just make sure EMS is standing by.

Jon.

What? Hammond is doing better and TG is filming again!

6. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Thanks for the link, it's really helpful. Looks like 3 hrs. is cutting it really close even without traffic and delay. I'll try to avoid road traffic and take rail.

Skalogre, was the delay caused by the security check points right after the discovery of liquid bomb threat?

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Thanks for the link, it's really helpful. Looks like 3 hrs. is cutting it really close even without traffic and delay. I'll try to avoid road traffic and take rail. Skalogre, was the delay caused by the security check points right after the discovery of liquid bomb threat?
    I think the security measures are still standing. My flight from Gatwick was mid-September. This does not include the extra screening/grilling at the gate as I was flying to the USA. My National Express coach arrived to Gatwick from Bristol at about 9 o'clock for my 12 o'clock flight; after all was said and done I was left with I think 50 minutes inside [​IMG] Edit: I'd rather switch flights to give me a little more time than try wioth only three hours.

8. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

1)Gatwick Express to Victoria

Taxi Victoria to Paddington

Heathrow Express Paddington to H'row

OR

2) National Express coach

OR

3) Taxi split with others doing same transfer. Value comfort over expense...?

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

No way. It is taking three hours in the airport in London right now, and unless unless you get lucky, customs can take up to an hour.