• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashionable ski gear

JuniorJetSet

Reaction score
What are some popular brands and styles of ski wear and lounge wear for fashionable ski resorts? What might you see men wearing on the slopes of St. Moritz/Gstaad/Aspen, for instance?

Thanks

dorian

Reaction score
any Bond stuntman who has designed his own ski wear line.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bogner.

For the younger set (under age 35), you might find more Patagonia, at least in the US.

For lounge wear, Loro Piana cashmere, including Storm System vests and jackets. Dale sweaters. Some fur in the evenings too. Not leather jackets. Get on the mailing list for a store in Vail called Gorsuch, as they carry all the good stuff.

aarghh

Reaction score
I second Patagonia - also Marmot. Spyder seemed to be popular last season. If you want MTM skiwear, check out Beyond Fleece which is great stuff.

thc

Reaction score
In Europe, I think Bogner and Killy are most popular amongst the older set. I personally wear Killy pants and Salomon everything else. I also like Arcteryx and North Face, but I don't think they're too popular in Europe.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arcteryx

Marmot

Patagonia

Cloudveil

JuniorJetSet

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the suggestions. Is there anything else I should know? For example, is there a danger in dressing too flashily at a tony ski resort? Are there any colors I should stick to or avoid? And what about accesories like scarves, etc? thanks again.
cool.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I hate to always be the practical one on here, but I wanted to point out that LL Bean has some good ski wear at reasonable prices. I have this jacket LL Bean It's only $129 and I have gotten numerous compliments on it. IMHO - it looks as good as the $600 - $1000 jackets I saw the last few times I've been skiing in Vail. Bradford

Phil

Reaction score
on the practical side, I wear army surplus west german wool pants. They have cargo pockets, and are super warm.

Dan G

Reaction score
Patagonia cleared out much of last year's winter merchadise in August. Much is sold out on the website, but you can get some awesome deals by calling individual stores. I got a couple of coats that were about 50% off. The R4 jacket is unbelievable.

-Dan

JuniorJetSet

Reaction score
Label King is Chanel's apres ski line only available in the Chanel boutiques?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Label King is Chanel's apres ski line only available in the Chanel boutiques?
Yes, I believe only in the Chanel boutiques. The line was introduced about 2-3 years ago.

The department stores like Neiman, Bergdorf's, etc. do not carry it. If I recall correctly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads