• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Targets Breast Cancer - charity idea - advice needed!

Krystal

Reaction score
Hello!

I've joined to get ideas for a charity project I am thinking of doing - personalising t-shirts for charity. The idea is that someone donates, I personalise them the tee and the money goes to the charity.

I will be sending the money to Fashion Targets Breast Cancer so am hoping to use their target logo to base my designs around - so promoting them while my friends wear their t-shirts.

It's pretty corny but I am thinking of calling it Chari-tee!

If any of you have the time to let me know what you think i would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Krystal x

Krystal

Reaction score
So I have totally rethought the name and it SUCKS! Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that! It's hard to see how things sound without any advice - can anybody think of a cool name?

Krystal

Reaction score
I've done a poll and I am sticking with Chari-tee! It grows on you! I called Fashion Targets Breast Cancer and they were too busy to chat as they are planning a big campaign - apparently for April. Does anybody know what it is?

Krystal

Reaction score
If anyone is interested (although not sure as I seem to be having a conversation with myself right now!!) apparently the big campaign for the million model catwalk is launching on April 6th.

Krystal

Reaction score
I also found out that there are some big celebs getting involved. Jade jagger is one, Tyson bECKFORD, Duncan from Blue!!! Also Abi Clancy and some others I do not know, 8 in total I think. Exciting!!

Krystal

Reaction score
BAD NEWS!! The gorgeous Tyson is no longer involved in the campaign. HOW depressing!!
cloud.gif

That means no lusting over this pics!! woe is me!!
musicboohoo[1].gif

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You should decorate the shirts with a label reading "Checked by Federal Breast Inspector #27"

centrix

Reaction score
try making shirts that arent too low cut that way the women wont remember that theyve lost their boobies

on a serious note (im aware that im probably really not funny at all) breast cancer really doesnt need anymore promotion or charity or awareness programs.

it has already become one of the top (lots of people have it) cancers in the world, so the drug companies are actually spending a lot of their cancer budgets developing cures and medications for it. (NOT ALL CANCER IS TREATED THE SAME WAY) I would suggest that if you really care for cancer patients, maybe look into another avenue (maybe something like kidney cancer)

good luck in your endeavours

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
true. a lot of diseases and causes don't get attention because they're not "sexy" or endorsed by celebrities. Not to sound callous but Darfur isn't the only place where people die.

Krystal

Reaction score
I totally see where you guys are coming from. I guess I chose breast cancer as a woman and something I am concerned about personally, but there are some neglected diseases out there it is something I should look into.
The new campaign has launched now, without the lovely Tyson
frown.gif
but it still looks fun and such a great cause. You upload your pic and join the catwalk, they are trying to get a million people on there which could be possible I guess. It's www.millionmodelcatwalk.com if anyone wants to check it out.
x
redface.gif

centrix

Reaction score
men get breast cancer too fyi, and women get kidney cancer, etc as well

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i wish you well but the celebs thus far are on par with celebrity apprentice.

Krystal

Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has checked out the website yet - what do people think of it? I love the idea - but love the shopping blog, it's great! Roll on Summer! xx

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads