• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Taboos

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
how short asian kids should NOT dress!!
mafoosj.jpg

this is not bad at all
tumblr_lg1wy7o92v1qb49x3o1_500.jpg

i don't see anything wrong other than the double breasted jacket making him shorter, the scarf, and the cuffed pants on the suit making his legs look shorter, that and the glasses are too big for him in both shots

to imply that a shorter male of any ethnicity should not wear a suit/blazer is outrageous

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tightandbright
Harem pants.

Just to poke fun...
fat people in skinny jeans
short people in nice designer clothing (nothing will ever look good on short people, sorry).

define short.

Originally Posted by acidboy
those gladiator sandals

What for men? Hell yeah. On a girl, if they're not too ostentatious, they can look very sexy on a girl with a summer dress
inlove.gif

ALSO, why has no mentioned white socks with gray trousers? This just kills me when I see it.
facepalm.gif

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
i don't see anything wrong other than the double breasted jacket making him shorter, the scarf, and the cuffed pants on the suit making his legs look shorter, that and the glasses are too big for him in both shots

to imply that a shorter male of any ethnicity should not wear a suit/blazer is outrageous

well i was saying that the second foo fit looks pretty good (read my post, i was contrasting the first fit w/ the second).

(i also don't think the double breasted jacket makes him look short but that's a different matter)

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
define short.

12" and under. In other words, no designer steez on gnomes, fairies, lilliputians, smurfs, leprechauns, etc.

Definitely agree on that first
foo.gif
pic below. Looks like an adult's head photoshopped onto a child's body, mostly because of that minuscule jacket and the enormous sunglasses.

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
well i was saying that the second foo fit looks pretty good (read my post, i was contrasting the first fit w/ the second).

(i also don't think the double breasted jacket makes him look short but that's a different matter)

Back to the orignal idea though

I think there are pleanty of designers short people can pull off better than taller men

Thom browne doesn't look nearly as ridiculous on a 5'5" person (nickelson wooster for examples)

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would I be safe in assuming that if I wear any of the items listed below I'm going to look like a douche-bag?

Trucker hat
White leather jacket
Black MMA t-shirt
Jean shorts
Cowboy buckle belt
Leg-warmer socks
Timberland boots (wheat color)

Or is that pure SW&D ignorance on my part?

951socal

Reaction score

Would I be safe in assuming that if I wear any of the items listed below I'm going to look like a douche-bag?

White leather jacket

is it wrong to like some of the rick owens leathers in the older milk colorways?
they look good on some people (pasty white guys)

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know I've been eyeing a white RO leather on eBay for several weeks.
The price has me going back and forth.
Also, I just don't think I can pull it off.
Perhaps because I'm not pasty white. . .

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wearing sport clothing, if you're not playing sports. I have seen socks and sandals work (probably, on a runway), but, for the majority of the time, they don't work! T-shirts, etc, with ******, fraying logos/text splattered across the front! Buying clothes that say D&G, on the front, to make a statement. Then everything is individual. I nit-pick when I see something that I don't like/doesn't work, but that is personal preference, I suppose. I think this 'grunge', Rick Owens fad doesn't work 90% of the time, and hope the ****** trend dies!
confused.gif
I hope you die

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Originally Posted by notwithit
Dunno, I posted a Canadian tuxedo fit that a few people (noobs and trolls, really) seemed to like:

AW_LT_WAYWT_D.jpg
AW_LT_WAYWT_E.jpg
AW_LT_WAYWT_F.jpg
real candian tuxedo = margiela denim suit

it was on yoox like a year or so ago, could not sell it
You see kiya's custom denim suit for his wedding? Fuckin' sick.
Originally Posted by jet
You can see a white tee through formal formal shirts and it looks tacky as ****.

this

whats the alternative, showing nipples ?
1. Acquire white v-neck tee. 2. Remove sleeves to match shoulder seams on button-down. 3. ??? 4. Profit!

951socal

Reaction score

You know I've been eyeing a white RO leather on eBay for several weeks.
The price has me going back and forth.
Also, I just don't think I can pull it off.
Perhaps because I'm not pasty white. . .

yeah, that one has been on the market at $2k for years
he's been trying to sell it here and on sz since sometime in 2009

i don't get why he hasn't lowered his price yet, you can get a new intarsia from mr.porter for a few hundred less +free shipping with a coupon code, he's charging like $50 for shipping

Last edited:

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd pull the trigger at $1k.
It's listed as NWoT which could mean anything.
$2k is more than a bit extreme.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

short people in nice designer clothing (nothing will ever look good on short people, sorry).

the **** does this mean dude? all short people are destined to wear ****** clothes from wal mart? smfh. there are plenty of short guys here who look great and do well with their proportions (I am not one of them, tbh).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads