1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fashion Taboos

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by McCurry, Jun 1, 2011.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

So what footwear do you suggest wearing on the hot black sand of the beaches in Hawaii?
    Leather Soul Aldens of course, Wings+Horns Service Boots if that cannot be arranged
    That might be an exception, but I'd go with Van's Authentics or low-top chucks, sans socks.
    Haole
    Hawaiian shirts unless you're in Hawaii
    There seems to be this idea that all we wear in Hawaii are Aloha print shirts

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Keds are perfect for the beach, but so are sandals. Slogan tees are pretty much beyond the pale but I've seen some good band tees with words on them that were pretty good.

3. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

You can see a white tee through formal formal shirts and it looks tacky as fuck.

this

whats the alternative, showing nipples ?

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

a thicker shirt

alternatively, nipple concealer

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

i love nipple gating

6. NowhereOutThere

NowhereOutThere Senior member

The infamous Canadian tuxedo. Funky indeed [​IMG]
    That is the best sales pitch I have ever read.

7. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

I love how the model looks like a fifteen year who rubbed dirt on his face because he couldn't grow any real facial hair (I'm not buying that five o'clock shadow).

8. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Dunno, I posted a Canadian tuxedo fit that a few people (noobs and trolls, really) seemed to like:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

real candian tuxedo = margiela denim suit

it was on yoox like a year or so ago, could not sell it

9. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

heather gray A shirt or nips. heather gray blends with skin tone much better than white.

10. 951socal

951socal Senior member

heather gray A shirt or nips. heather gray blends with skin tone much better than white.

you can see a gray shirt through a white one even more.

why not just get a white jersey tank from H&M or those thinner silent damir doma knock off shirts they have (even though its probably the same supplier, both made in Portugal, fit the same and made of organic cotton blends)

11. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

So what footwear do you suggest wearing on the hot black sand of the beaches in Hawaii?

That's what's called the way to drunk look. That's 3 AM style around most gin mills. LOL.

Yep. Not to mention athletes foot really sucks. If you want to look like a carpenter in the Summer it's boots with socks, shorts and an untucked tee with an unbuttoned flannel on the cool morning days. Construction workers got the whole workwear thing down pat.

I don't know about this one. I suppose it all depends on the circle of people you hang with or want to hang with. Mehhhh i can take it or leave it.

O'Rly? Are we talking male or female? Both genders? I know plenty of short people from both sexes that look very good and well put together and they wear designer clothes.

B B B....But what about the brand whores? What will they ever do without clothes that have their favorite logo prominently displayed for all to see? I can hear them crying of the horror of it all.

Guys only.
    Not being racist, but where I live there are a bunch of short Asian kids wearing nice clothes (bought by rich mommies and daddies) and they look ridiculous. By short, I mean like under 5'5.
    Short people tend to look stubbier (unless they're wicked thin) and clothes just don't look as good as it could.
    I have a very biased view, obviously [​IMG].

12. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Guys only.
    Not being racist, but where I live there are a bunch of short Asian kids wearing nice clothes (bought by rich mommies and daddies) and they look ridiculous. By short, I mean like under 5'5.
    Short people tend to look stubbier (unless they're wicked thin) and clothes just don't look as good as it could.
    I have a very biased view, obviously [​IMG].

what shoes do you recommend for short people? im just under 5'7" ...and asian (Japanese if it matters )

13. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

how short asian kids should NOT dress!!
    [​IMG]

this is not bad at all
    [​IMG]

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

15. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

16. 951socal

951socal Senior member

how short asian kids should NOT dress!!
    [​IMG]

this is not bad at all
    [​IMG]

i don't see anything wrong other than the double breasted jacket making him shorter, the scarf, and the cuffed pants on the suit making his legs look shorter, that and the glasses are too big for him in both shots

to imply that a shorter male of any ethnicity should not wear a suit/blazer is outrageous

17. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

Harem pants.

Just to poke fun...
    fat people in skinny jeans
    short people in nice designer clothing (nothing will ever look good on short people, sorry).

define short.

those gladiator sandals

What for men? Hell yeah. On a girl, if they're not too ostentatious, they can look very sexy on a girl with a summer dress [​IMG]

ALSO, why has no mentioned white socks with gray trousers? This just kills me when I see it. [​IMG]

18. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

i don't see anything wrong other than the double breasted jacket making him shorter, the scarf, and the cuffed pants on the suit making his legs look shorter, that and the glasses are too big for him in both shots

to imply that a shorter male of any ethnicity should not wear a suit/blazer is outrageous

well i was saying that the second foo fit looks pretty good (read my post, i was contrasting the first fit w/ the second).

(i also don't think the double breasted jacket makes him look short but that's a different matter)

19. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

define short.

12" and under. In other words, no designer steez on gnomes, fairies, lilliputians, smurfs, leprechauns, etc.

Definitely agree on that first [​IMG] pic below. Looks like an adult's head photoshopped onto a child's body, mostly because of that minuscule jacket and the enormous sunglasses.

20. 951socal

951socal Senior member

well i was saying that the second foo fit looks pretty good (read my post, i was contrasting the first fit w/ the second).

(i also don't think the double breasted jacket makes him look short but that's a different matter)

Back to the orignal idea though

I think there are pleanty of designers short people can pull off better than taller men

Thom browne doesn't look nearly as ridiculous on a 5'5" person (nickelson wooster for examples)