• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Taboos

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
I don't agree with that one at all. There may be certain shades that don't work together, but I often find brown shoes/boots look great with black jeans.

As an example,

brown-boots-019.jpg

That is def not offensive, but I was really aiming for brown dress shoes with black dress pants.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I think lower back taboos are really classless.

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought it said "facial tattoos".
laugh.gif

Crane's Country Store has a point, but I'd say graphic/logo tees that have the name of the brand prominently displayed are usually pretty bad.

Unless, of course, it's a Co-ed Naked tee.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by habitant
I don't see anything wrong with either of those.. The following are worse.

-socks + shorts

I don't see anything wrong with this. Socks are to keep your shoes and boots from stank.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buttonholes with contrast stitching

tightandbright

Reaction score
Harem pants.

Just to poke fun...
fat people in skinny jeans
short people in nice designer clothing (nothing will ever look good on short people, sorry).

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prominent branding and logos on anything, e.g. Abercrombie, Nike, D&G, Polo, etc. They should be paying us for their advertising instead of paying a premium for it, paying for the name.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yourboychrisc
Sandals, ever.
So what footwear do you suggest wearing on the hot black sand of the beaches in Hawaii?
Originally Posted by ice86x
front tucked; back untucked
That's what's called the way to drunk look. That's 3 AM style around most gin mills. LOL.
Originally Posted by Ritchee
I don't see anything wrong with this. Socks are to keep your shoes and boots from stank.
Yep. Not to mention athletes foot really sucks. If you want to look like a carpenter in the Summer it's boots with socks, shorts and an untucked tee with an unbuttoned flannel on the cool morning days. Construction workers got the whole workwear thing down pat.
Originally Posted by TKJTG
******* monograms
I don't know about this one. I suppose it all depends on the circle of people you hang with or want to hang with. Mehhhh i can take it or leave it.
Originally Posted by tightandbright
Harem pants. That all depends on what gender is wearing them and in what context. Just to poke fun... fat people in skinny jeans short people in nice designer clothing (nothing will ever look good on short people, sorry).
O'Rly? Are we talking male or female? Both genders? I know plenty of short people from both sexes that look very good and well put together and they wear designer clothes.
Originally Posted by MikeDT
Prominent branding and logos on anything, e.g. Abercrombie, Nike, D&G, Polo, etc. They should be paying us for their advertising instead of paying a premium for it, paying for the name.
B B B....But what about the brand whores? What will they ever do without clothes that have their favorite logo prominently displayed for all to see? I can hear them crying of the horror of it all.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
******* monograms

For clothing, yes,

For bags/accessories, I disagree, nothing looks better than aged monograms Vuitton briefcases.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads