• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Jobs

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Isn't he a stockboy? I know he gets hit on by all the cockfagz at the store.

im store model/daddy pimp thank you very much.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Like the "Modeling Jobs" thread we had a while back, I think you'll find it's all much less glorious than it appears and, unless you have some sort of "in" or good contacts, you probably will be stuck for a while doing something for a brand that you care nothing about... like marketing socks for Perry Ellis or something.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Like the "Modeling JObs" thread we had a while back, i think you'll find it's all much less glorious than it appears and, unless you have some sort of "in" or good contacts, you probably will be stuck for a while doing something for a brand that you care nothing about... like marketing socks for Perry Ellis or something.

dawg wtf, i market socks for perry ellis right now!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Isn't he a stockboy? I know he gets hit on by all the cockfagz at the store.

don't know what he does there, but in canada, the gheys typically work at holt renfrew (i think it's a prerequisite for employment), not where west works. I can't believe i'm defending west.
confused.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
don't know what he does there, but in canada, the gheys typically work at holt renfrew (i think it's a prerequisite for employment), not where west works. I can't believe i'm defending west.
confused.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
confused.gif

Originally Posted by West24
pssssst.......i work at holt renfrew....
zing!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
pssssst.......i work at holt renfrew....
blush.gif

liar

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought you worked for harry. Anyway, that is damned funny if true.
laugh.gif

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice, get a business degree, work in fashion retail on the side and be prepared to work like a dog at the other end. I worked for a large Canadian Department store that will remain nameless 15 years ago, the fashion buyers were responsible for a fair chunk of the chain's bottom line, screw up a season and out you go. I was on the hard goods side of the store head office and it was not quite as stressful.

centrix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
My advice, get a business degree, work in fashion retail on the side and be prepared to work like a dog at the other end. I worked for a large Canadian Department store that will remain nameless 15 years ago, the fashion buyers were responsible for a fair chunk of the chain's bottom line, screw up a season and out you go. I was on the hard goods side of the store head office and it was not quite as stressful.

similar to what my cousin has, she used to be the buyer for burberry in singapore, went into modelling after her degree instead

Jay_1989

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
whatever it's rep, FIT is kind of a joke. garbage in, garbage out and the majority of their students are women from joisey and longa-eyeland who no nothing about real fashion and think ed hardy and uggs are where it's at. the men are marc-jacobs wannabe twinks.

go to parsons.

parsons is infinitely better, much more selective admissions process. i know some real airheads that go to FIT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads