• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Identity Crisis...

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
what jacket is that?

rooks rike rick or black scissors

+1? on the first part.

genericman

Reaction score
^^ kunk got it right...picked it up from BS

genericman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
some cheapish military style black boots and you're set. Easy peasy
any suggestions in distressed black or grey? digging some NDC and the W+H service boots, but out of my price range for once a week pair of boots. i just saw the buttero work boot and some tbc.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in all honesty, i'd stay away from DH in general. you'd be basing much of your aesthetic on a few seasons worth or clothing (that could be hard to track down) from a designer that's no longer there and who's time has seemingly passed. instead, i'd look for current designer with a similar vibe-DH was always woefully overpriced and remains so in the secondary market.

and btw, i never liked the cheap plasticy zippers on the $3k + dh leathers.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO, buttero or ndc are the best-made mid-priced boots. a pair of ndc will last you 5+ years and are worth the investment.

Originally Posted by genericman
any suggestions in distressed black or grey? digging some NDC and the W+H service boots, but out of my price range for once a week pair of boots. i just saw the buttero work boot and some tbc.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genericman
what do you think about this jacket? it's from dior f/w 05? i tend to like things symmetrical, rather than drapey/avant-gard. the ro is beautiful though i have to say.

2dkhcmg.jpg

Heh, I have the Black Scissors rip of that jacket. I love it once it gets all distressed
shog[1].gif

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dress how you want to, and whenever you buy a new piece of clothing ask yourself if it will help you reach your desired aesthetic.

Also, why do you have to follow a "designer." For boots I suggest RM Williams from Australia, and with the current exchange rate, they are quite the bargain. One also doesn't need BoO, the check shirts that Jump The Gun in England sells are slimmer than BoO and much cheaper. One can also go bespoke to get exactly what they want. It is the look that matters, not the label.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, I have some NDCs that look like those. They're great shoes. You can sometimes find them for solid prices on yoox

Overstock.com also has a few pair for $200 - $300.

genericman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
in all honesty, i'd stay away from DH in general. you'd be basing much of your aesthetic on a few seasons worth or clothing (that could be hard to track down) from a designer that's no longer there and who's time has seemingly passed. instead, i'd look for current designer with a similar vibe-DH was always woefully overpriced and remains so in the secondary market. and btw, i never liked the cheap plasticy zippers on the $3k + dh leathers.
Yeah, I think I'm just going to pick up a couple blazers from Dior-inspired designers, maybe a black 2-button suit. I currently have a grey Shipley/Halmos and Navy Hickey. Nice suits. Clean-cut, but works for the hospital environment. Digging these NDC Boots
2rq0bk7.jpg
However, they don't have my size 43. Any suggestions for pair of black/grey boots that might work in both streetwear and work environment. Something along the lines of PS Ricards ($200-300 sale). The Buttero look nice, but dare I say clunky?

Cas Ruffin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Nothing wrong with dressing a certain way if that's what your life is like. You're going to be a doctor, not an artist. There's no need for you to be edgy, and in fact it seems a little inappropriate.

Agreed.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i disagree. when i see a doc in dockers, i question his judgement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads