1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

farmers insurance agent- good career choice?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by grizzlybear, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

Yes, all insurance positions are a scam.

2. Bowaddic

Bowaddic New Member

Salespro1987 I have to say if all you sell is 10-12 cars a month and only make 4k you need to change your screen name. Sales is a grind and is just like anything in life you get out what you put in. A salesman wakes up everyday unemployed until you make your first sale. You constantly have to be chasing your next dollar. It's not easy and not for everyone. It's also a career that has no limits and untapped potential.

3. Raiders4life89

Raiders4life89 New Member

Wow...just wow. I am a Farmers agent. The amount of bullshit that people are posting on here is completely laughable. First of all there is no "pyramid scheme." I get 10 % on car premiums. 20 % on homeowners and a little bit lower percentage on renewals. It does not go lower it does not go higher. As far as "having nobody to sell to once you've sold your friends and family." All I have to say to that is that you do not need to be in sales then. You know how I get most of my sales?!?! The phone book. Im not even fucking joking. I started out as my agencies telemarketer. In August of 2014 I finally got my State of Nevada Insurance License. Since August I have sold 88 policies. With about 70 of them coming from the phone book. It is very much possible to succeed in this industry. It just requires a lot of thinking outside the box. I also noticed somebody commenting on this thread saying something along the line of "you basically pay $450 to sell Farmers." Also complete bullshit. I paid $270 to THE STATE OF NEVADA for my license fees. WHICH MEANS I HAVE AN INSURANCE LICENSE FOR THE STATE AND COULD SELL FOR ANOTHER COMPANY IF I SO CHOOSE. Farmers actually got nothing from myself as far as fees go.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

This just continues to draw random first time posters. Really interesting.

Also, can I come over and make sure your insurance needs are being met?

5. Harold falcon

Lol, which is why no one will buy your shitty insurance when they can get it without the post up online. Your career is shit. You are shit. You are selling a bad product. Switch industries or become homeless, schmuck.

6. Piobaire

Using the phone book to cold call is "thinking outside the box?" That's pretty funny.

7. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Distinguished Member

They still print phone books?

8. Piobaire

You gotta get outside the para-dig-um, manq.

9. Ben Gabay

Ben Gabay New Member

Got this email from them just now

Dear Ben,

I am a Development Manager with Farmers Insurance currently looking for a success-driven, business-minded individual to join my team. I’m looking for a motivated and competitive individual with a focus on personal growth, career fulfillment and financial freedom and success. After carefully reviewing your resume, I believe that you possess the unique qualifications that would make you a great fit for our Agency Opportunity.

Whether you are just starting out in a business career or are seeking a new and different opportunity, Farmers can and will help you expand, strengthen and capitalize on your skill set. We provide the support, training and guidance that you need in order to help you achieve your professional goals and obtain the career success you are seeking.

Here is just a brief explanation of what the Farmers Opportunity offers:

Income Potential: As a Farmers Insurance Agency Owner, you will be in control of your own business destiny. There is no income cap. The average income for our team of 34 agents is $175,000 per year, while our top earners see an income of over $500,000 per year. The harder you work and the more you utilize our support, the higher an income you will earn. During your first 3 years, we also offer a financial subsidy program of up to $87,000 in addition to your commissions.

Training and Growth: We provide comprehensive and extensive training programs as well as district guidance and support throughout your entire career. Whether you are brand new to insurance or a seasoned veteran, our award rated, proven systems and hands on training will provide you the knowledge and skills needed to continually generate, grow and add real value to your business and customer base.

Getting Started: Farmers has a flexible training program which will allow you to start your career on a part or full time basis. In depth training tailored to your growth and success is our main focus and we have the tools and resources to make sure you are fully trained.

Growth Opportunities: There has never been a better time to be with Farmers Insurance. Our expanding markets and innovative products create the opportunity for rapid and dynamic growth.

Qualifications: This career requires an individual to be self-motivated and willing to invest time and energy into the business. You need the drive to succeed, an independent spirit and strong work ethic.

If you have been interested in building a business that is yours, being in control of your income and schedule, providing a service that is truly valuable to people and establishing yourself as a business leader – then forward your resume to me at at [email protected]. Our 2014 team is being built now and we would love for you to be part of our outstanding team!

Stacy Lane

Development Manager
    Farmers Insurance
    Silicon Valley District Office

---------------------------------------------------------

Sourcing Solutions provided by Agent Rain, Inc
    PO Box 503
    Leverett, MA 01054

If you do not wish to receive emails regarding job opportunities, please reply with 'remove' in the subject line and you will be removed from our candidate database.

*SPONSORED SITE for JOB SEEKERS!*

Tired of applying for jobs and never hearing back?
    Get automatic updates on your job applications from 1000s of employers
    for FREE. Check out http://www.startwire.com/s/getstarted

here is what I replied

Hey Stacy. You mean a giant pyramid scheme that takes licensed agents all over the country, “hires” them, do not pay them salary, make them pay for burnt off leads, in which obviously they will not do, and then go for plan B which is make them call friends and family until they run out within a month and get “fired” after a contract that says if they “leave” before a month they do not get their bonuses. You as the “top earner” certainly pull $500,000 a year in this industry. Unfortunatly, I had the uncertainty of moving to Israel just a month before you gave me this amazing job opportunity, so I will have to pass. I wish your potential candidates the best of luck….

10. Ben Gabay

Ben Gabay New Member

By the way way here in Israel tele centers Optimize their websites to get leads who are decently interested(since they checked out the website and left their information) for their agents to call, and they do not charge money for that. Such a big company like farmers insurance would have been getting millions of leads like that to give to their agents, but instead they give them the phone books......

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015

11. Harold falcon

I like the cut of your jib, good sir. Hang around here.

12. Chris Eis

Chris Eis New Member

Farmers must use this ploy all across the country!! I was with Farmers for 1 year. What a waste of income potential.[​IMG][​IMG] Feel better already!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Harold falcon

Sir, are you suggesting OP is a lying whore?

14. Cary P

Cary P New Member

I am currently working for an agent for this company and I have to say I do not agree with this stuff. I am going for my P&C license. I started as only the office manager. Its me and the agent in this office and we have another office with another agent there. I know that to get my license I will pay $177.00 and that is for books and the 2 day class for my PA license. I've been here almost a year and have no complaints and yes we still use the phone book scrub the numbers and make calls I have gotten some business from that. I will remain here in the office doing the same that I do now but my pay will be less and I will get 50% of my commission and the agent will get the other 50% this goes both ways i will also get 50% of his sales just for this office he splits with the other agent as well. So I get a flat hourly rate and commission. As long as I bring business he has no problem paying out to me. I have not sold to any of my friends or family at all. When I see more commission rolling in things may change and I will go full commission but that's on my terms. Still I will not pay to start my own business I will work with my agent we are working on I do all P&C stuff (auto and home) he wants a commercial agent for all our commercial policies and that give him time to go to life appointments and oversee the rest. We do many more lines of insurance also and I am quite busy from 9-6 these are my office hours which also will stay the same. This also will give me more freedom and I will be able to work from home as well on days that I really have to.

My suggestion..........don't go in business yourself at first work for an agent with the company and see how things go and go from there. I happen to work for a great person and I am very thankful for that and when you work for the company stay at least a year before committing to anything then work out the license and pay with the agent you work for. [​IMG]

15. Piobaire

^ Nice avatar.