Farinellis: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Aug 8, 2008.

1. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

I hope youre getting the BoO sweatpants. I dont know why, but I need those.

2. unicornwarrior

unicornwarrior Senior member

600 dollars before STD is a rather reasonable price! I might be able to save up for the peacoat [​IMG]

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

I love how people are like "I want best quality with aswesome price and SF discount LOL!"

Mauro, forget the price, make it awesome.

4. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

I love how people are like "I want best quality with aswesome price and SF discount LOL!"

+1

5. dusty

dusty Senior member

Yeah man, just fuck selling any of them, make it as good as you can.

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

I'm not saying that mate. In saying it's better to have a really, really well cut, well trimmed coat with exceptional cloth and solid construction.

You can't have all this and get it cheap.

Alot of people are looking for a really good peacoat ATM. It would be great if Mauro provided that. I'll be getting the best quality I can get my hands on - I intend to use it as a staple for some time.

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I don't see anyone asking for compromise in quality for a cheaper price.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

making things of 100% vicuna is nice but you can't really sell something if nobody wants to buy it. its a business not a charity...

I am sure it will be nice, just chillax

9. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

^two things:

first, thanks for indirectly teaching me a new type of textile.

second, damn you and your large feet because i've been waiting for a pair of german army trainers to go on sale but i'm just too little to supplement your income. [​IMG]

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

pm aqhong and see if he can hook you up!

11. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

12. APK

APK Senior member

The reality is, much as we'd all like to siphon every cent in our bank accounts into Mauro's, the economic climate necessitates more restricted/conservative spending for a lot of us. I know I'd be down for a bitchin' pea coat. But if we stroll into the $600 neighborhood, I'll probably have to tapout and instead settle for longingly caressing my monitor when pictures of the coat surface online.

As Ben pointed out, it's not a matter of sacrificing quality. It's a matter of making something a decent number of people can actually afford to buy right now. Otherwise, Mauro's going to end up with a big pile of really amazing pea coats marked down by 60 percent come March or April.

13. unicornwarrior

unicornwarrior Senior member

The reality is, much as we'd all like to siphon every cent in our bank accounts into Mauro's, the economic climate necessitates more restricted/conservative spending for a lot of us. I know I'd be down for a bitchin' pea coat. But if we stroll into the $600 neighborhood, I'll probably have to tapout and instead settle for longingly caressing my monitor when pictures of the coat surface online.

As Ben pointed out, it's not a matter of sacrificing quality. It's a matter of making something a decent number of people can actually afford to buy right now. Otherwise, Mauro's going to end up with a big pile of really amazing pea coats marked down by 60 percent come March or April.

well after the SFD, under the assumption that is available, that puts the coat at 480 which isnt completely outlandish. Most favored brands here, EG, Nice Collective, Wings and Horns, etc. all sell outerwear that is just as equally pricey or even more so. You can't expect Mauro to sell it for 200-300 dollars, that's the price a lot of peacoats/similiar items go for at Zara, Banana Republic, etc; for less than about 180, you can get a non-mall brand peacoat that is tons better. That is how i try to see it, though my wallet doesn't.

i'm not picking on you, just throwing out my point of view.

14. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Mauro will do fine at that price point. Guaranteed. There are too many people on this forum who will support his line.

15. dusty

dusty Senior member

Yeah, 4.8 bills would be just fine for a heavy wool coat. Not to mention this product fills a niche that goes largely unacknowledged by most designers.