Farinellis: Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Aug 8, 2008.

1. breakz

breakz Senior member

Hey Mauro, I know I'm derailing this convo a bit, but
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm digging these a ton. When can we expect prices and stock to arrive?

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Fall?

3. breakz

breakz Senior member

Fall?

Too true... [​IMG]

4. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

Do you wear a 32 in KMW 1980's?

Yup. If I remember correctly, though, the 1980s fit a bit slimmer in the legs than the Rockers do.

5. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

thanks whodini, you're always very helpful but yeah i meant JS.

6. whodini

thanks whodini, you're always very helpful but yeah i meant JS.
    By those measurements it looks like sizing down two is enough, however, they do stretch a bit. Personally, I could have gone either way in terms of sizing but after the first couple of days of wear I quickly accepted the looser, more anti-fit cut.

7. bdr3

bdr3 Senior member

Is it 50% off denim, like stated above, or 30% (like in the e-mail)?

I would like to know this as well. kthnx.

8. whodini

I would like to know this as well. kthnx.
    Pretty sure that was a typo, otherwise it would have just read, "50% off Mens." I'd go with the email.

9. breakz

breakz Senior member

By those measurements it looks like sizing down two is enough, however, they do stretch a bit. Personally, I could have gone either way in terms of sizing but after the first couple of days of wear I quickly accepted the looser, more anti-fit cut.

How do JS compare to 5EP in your experience? I'm expecting "similar great quality" to be your answer.

10. whodini

How do JS compare to 5EP in your experience? I'm expecting "similar great quality" to be your answer.
    Fits aside, BMWs and Benzos. Jean Shop is a refined jean. Initially when it came out a few hailed it as the "upgraded APC" and to an extent I can understand that: riri zip, upgraded denim, Sharpied born-on date, beautiful hand-stitched/hand-stamped back patch, reinforced back pockets, selvage fly, and great hardwear but without the repro detail of back pocket rivets which some nitpick as a flaw. The denim is a nice medium weight with a wonderfully smooth hand that doesn't come off feeling like cashmere the way Spurr does; personally, I think it makes for a fine balance of authenticity and luxury. The indigo blend at first appears to be somewhat of the standard blueberry but from looking at photos of broken-in pairs it's clear that there's far more complexity below the surface: [​IMG] 5EP, on the other hand, is geared towards people who have come to appreciate Japanese denim but are looking for something unique. The great hardware, great back pactch, and hidden rear rivets are all there but what you're really paying for is the indigo blend that is unlike anything else on the market. People tend to be able to justify paying for 5EP more than Jean Shop, as the prices are about the same, but other than the indigo used and rear rivets I really don't see why. They're both fantastic jeans.

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

Appreciate it man.

12. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Fathers day sale

EVERYTHING IS 50% with these exceptions
    W+H boots
    APC jeans
    Farinelli VS Crate jeans

NEW Rag and Bone will be on sale which you need to call or paypal at 30% off you WILL love it
    red chambray selvage and a few other cool items.
    We will post pics, measurements and price on the blog and on this thread!

13. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Oh wow. Maybe I should go with 29's in JS Rocker's then? I'm also a 32 in KMW 1980's. I don't want a anti-fit look.

As far as 5ep's go, I can't find a place to get them in my size. I tried a 31 and a 29 LDB at Farinelli's. 31 is too big, 29 is too small. 30 would be perfect, but they're not in stock.

14. puddin

puddin Senior member

^^^
    I'm a 30 in KMW 1980s and I went with 28 in JS Rocker. They were pretty damn tight at first but have stretched a couple inches and are perfect now. I don't think I coulda buttoned a smaller pair than 28 even if they made them.

But I'd just ask Mauro's advice on sizing, he gave me good advice on buying my pair.

15. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

Hey, I was hoping to buy something from the sale, I also ordered a pair of CVSF, is there any chance i can just paypal Mauro and have it shipped with the jeans, i ask only because im having it shipped from canada and was hoping to avoid the 30 dollar shipping for 1 shirt. i would call but for some reason i cant get through right now, any help would be appreciated. thanks