1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Farinelli's 1st Annual Styleforum Holiday Party!!!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Nov 13, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Senior member

It's that time of year, folks. We're throwing on our EG scarves, putting away our Nudie Thin Finns and bringing out our Nudie Average Joe Heavys, and throwing on our Rag&Bone henleys underneath our Woolrich Woolen flannels. All that must mean one thing...

Mauro's throwing a party on Saturday Dec 20th @ 7PM!

Guaranteed to be 2.5x's more epic, 324% more alcohol-fueled, twice as environmentally friendly, and 100% more Whodini than last year at DenimBar, this holiday party is set to go OFF!

The one night only festivities at the Clarendon location starting at 7pm will include:
    -Booze!
    -Food!
    -Discounts!
    -People!
    -Special guests!
    -Music!
    -More booze!
    -Mauro!
    -Non-denominational Santa Selvage!
    -Magic by Magician!

However, we need your help to decide which day to hold this sartorial steinhoist (either Dec. 19th or the 20th.) It'd also help to know just how many people Arlington PD should expect in their drunk tank that night. THEREFORE... this will be a multiple choice poll so please vote accordingly.

Ho-ho-ho!

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Dear Conan:

1) That first paragraph makes no sense
    2) There is no poll
    3) If this behavior continues, you are going to be demoted to Craig Ferguson status.

Yours,

Fok. Wonderful, Counselor (the prince of peace?)

It's that time of year, folks. We're throwing on our EG scarves, putting away our Nudie Thin Finns and bringing out our Nudie Average Joe Heavys, and throwing on our Rag&Bone henleys underneath our Woolrich Woolen flannels. All that must mean one thing...

Mauro's throwing a party!

Guaranteed to be 2.5x's more epic, 324% more alcohol-fueled, twice as environmentally friendly, and 100% more Whodini than last year at DenimBar, this holiday party is set to go OFF!

The one night only festivities at the Clarendon location starting at 7pm will include:
    -Booze!
    -Food!
    -Discounts!
    -People!
    -Special guests!
    -Music!
    -More booze!
    -Mauro!
    -Non-denominational Santa Selvage!

However, we need your help to decide which day to hold this sartorial steinhoist (either Dec. 19th or the 20th.) It'd also help to know just how many people Arlington PD should expect in their drunk tank that night. THEREFORE... this will be a multiple choice poll so please vote accordingly.

Ho-ho-ho!

3. jet

jet Senior member

I'm in there like swimwear.

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I'll be bringin' the magic.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

Dear Conan:

1) That first paragraph makes no sense
    2) There is no poll
    3) If this behavior continues, you are going to be demoted to Craig Ferguson status.

Dear PoP:

1) It's getting cold so there must be a Mauro party. (Where's your sense of wonder and magic?)
    2) I can't post a poll until I post the thread. You're on my ass like white on rice. (hahaha...Zing!)
    3) I need to be demoted to "wrangler" before you can do that.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

I'll be bringin' the magic.
    Noted!

7. ken

ken Senior member

what the hell is a Clarendon

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

2839 Clarendon Blvd.
    Arlington, VA 22201

Would please to create googlemap address instructions?

9. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Oh man. I might need to make a guest appearance that weekend....It won't be a real party unless I wake up the following day on a pair of japanese selvage denim.

10. whodini

whodini Senior member

Bring the Manischewitz, bitch!

11. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I have one in my wine cellar waiting for when your ass when you get to NYC. Forget Brunellos, Barbarescos, and Barolos....Enjoy a fine jewish wine on my dime.

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

I think I'd like that better. Fine, I'll bring my own bottle. We can chase it with some OE.

13. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Yea, but it's very important that the OE is in brown paper bags for discreet sipping.

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

Good point. I'll drink my OE out of a Christmas stocking and the Manischewitz out of a yarmulke.

15. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I'm not Jewish...I thought you were..

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

You're the one who brought up the Manisch to begin with... WTF? I'm about as Jewish as the Pope.

17. FredSelvage

FredSelvage Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hahahaha you guys are hilarious.

By the way, I like that I found out about this party from reading this post. WTF.

18. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

The thing is...Mauro doesnt know about the party...

Who

Thats because I am a gentlemen who conceded defeat although the winner was questionable. Since, the wager was a bottle of wine I wanted to provide with the simple quality of a product like Maneschewitz. What is it now? $1.99 for a gallon? If you have something against the jews I can get you a jug of Carlos Rossi, which is like $2.99 I think....

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

By the way, I like that I found out about this party from reading this post. WTF.
    Emily, you've spent this long with Mauro and yet you haven't figured out that he was a Comm major in college?
    Thats because I am a gentlemen who conceded defeat although the winner was questionable. Since, the wager was a bottle of wine I wanted to provide with the simple quality of a product like Maneschewitz. What is it now? $1.99 for a gallon? If you have something against the jews I can get you a jug of Carlos Rossi, which is like $2.99 I think....
    I can't tell whether you're calling the Jews or Italians cheap or both. [​IMG]

20. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Hahha!!! Very good spin sir! I have heard you are in med school, maybe dabble in some politics as well.