• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FAO: Bicyclists in The Loop

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
haha...I hear you about those hipsters on bikes. Paying $500 for an old schwinn so they can take off the gears and brakes. But your user name is ChicagoJohn and you're from the 'burbs? Ack.

SHUT UP! They do not actually pay money for those 1 speed bikes do they? I thought they were like $25 on Craigslist? God does this give me more material.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
SHUT UP! They do not actually pay money for those 1 speed bikes do they? I thought they were like $25 on Craigslist? God does this give me more material.

Ok, perhaps I over estimated...$350-450 is more accurate.
lol8[1].gif

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/960216459.html
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bik/958889769.html

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, perhaps I over estimated...$350-450 is more accurate.
lol8[1].gif

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/960216459.html
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/bik/958889769.html

$450? I can honestly say that you've shocked me. Please go read the "encounters with *******" thread in DT and then come back here, and be amazed at how you've been able to shock me. This is a great day on Style Forum, the return of a legend, my entertainment, and Kwilk getting his head out of his ass (hopefully).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn
It was an epic moment of social justice.

The name changes, but the style stays the same.

I'm enjoying.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
If you happen to be one of the myriad Baltimore bike-hipsters, step to me and I'll personally smack you with my $200 Rag & Bone bag.

Black eye will go well with all the pink.

No you wouldn't. I'm not a hipster and I don't live in Baltimore. But even if I did you wouldn't. Really one thing I have learned in life is everyone who says they are gonna **** you up really won't. Just internet talk.

For the record I am not one of those annoying cyclist. I went to one critical mass events and thought to myself "what a bunch of assholes" then left.

But I think it's just downright horrific that someone would wish someone get hurt or killed over something so trivial as they might have held you up which I doubt happened.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Well to be fair I would probably smack you and run like hell.

Also threatening to smack someone with a designer bag is not quite what I would call "tough guy posturing."

But my distaste is reserved for this particular brand of hipster and not people who bike. I frequently bike myself for transportation and exercise.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn
You may recognize my earlier works/rants/diatribes under the psuedoname "Vanity".

No way, you're back??
smile.gif

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
An increase in disposable income and decrease of an annoying girlfriend has let me back into my passion for clothing. So I crept back in and flew under the radar, sucking up advice and ideas.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno. While I recognize the style and ideas, your prose seems much more polished than in your 'vanity' days. I remain sceptical.

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
$450? I can honestly say that you've shocked me. Please go read the "encounters with *******" thread in DT and then come back here, and be amazed at how you've been able to shock me. This is a great day on Style Forum, the return of a legend, my entertainment, and Kwilk getting his head out of his ass (hopefully).

\t
rotflmao.gif

That thread was hilarious. And yes, now I see how amazing it is to shock you. Your quote will have to be my new signature.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rotflmao.gif

That thread was hilarious. And yes, now I see how amazing it is to shock you. Your quote will have to be my new signature.

No, I really wasn't trying to be funny. I called like 4 people, including an actor I know in New York who hangs with a ton of hipsters and SCREAMED at him for knowing people who pay FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY ******* DOLLARS for a *************.

I'm still amazed. In fact, you just reminded me of this again, and I'm now calling people on the west coast so that I can voice my amazement.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You know they don't really pay that. as 'hipsters' as I spose they are called, they are in fact buying those **** bikes off craigslist for 50 bucks or taking them out of there dads garage and converting them. 500 dollars is going get you a damn shiny looking fixed gear bike.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And to the OP, while I appreciate the candid opinion, did you know that others have liberties as well?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
And to the OP, while I appreciate the candid opinion, did you know that others have liberties as well?

O get the **** out of here with that ****. The PTA meeting is down the hall. Go watch Nancy Grace if you can't abide by the customs here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads