• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fancy deodorant

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I really like Jack Black Pit Boss. It is sold at Nordstrom, Neiman's and many specialty stores. It has a good masculine smell and excellent sweat control. Absolutely worth it's $14.95 price.

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Black-Bos...ef=pd_sbs_bt_1

be aware though - it does smell great but has aluminum in it and when I used it, stained my undershirts

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
be aware though - it does smell great but has aluminum in it and when I used it, stained my undershirts

I haven't had any problem with that. In fact I think it is better than my previous deodorant. Perhaps it depends upon how it interacts with your own body chemistry.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the Crystal roll on. They changed the top to purple. I saved a white top from about 2 years ago that I always transfer to the new one's so it doesn't look too feminine. They also support breast cancer research and have a picture of a woman about to use the deodorant on a man, as if he isnt capable of doing it himself. This assalt on masculinity has gone on long enough! I will write a strong yet firm email to the managment tonight.
ffffuuuu.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom's of Maine, woodspice scent, is what I use. It controls sweat well, smells decent, and supposedly is 100% natural. I like the stuff so much I bought 2 years' worth of supplies when it went on sale last. Might be hard to find at your local grocery/drug store, but it's available through Amazon.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always use the matching deodorant (and aftershave) to the cologne I wear.............nothing worse then leaving the house smelling like a bunch of different products!

Sherlock

Reaction score
I use Gillette. I use deodorant, not anti-perspirant. I don't like the idea of my pores being forcibly clogged.

Tcameron

Reaction score
Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood - close to Caswell Massey , easier to come by.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to use Lab Series unscented and worked great. Switched to standard Speed Stick unscented - worked about the same but was a bit more prone to breaking down in the dispenser. Now using Tom's of Maine cause I didn't want the aluminum - the hops work okay if not quite as well as the others.

May try the Malin one or a L'Occitane next.

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
i use Tom's Of Maine, unscented. sort of does have a scent, actually - but it's more of a lemony fresh, very very subtle smell. it works perfectly. you just have to give it a few minutes to soak into your skin and dry, cause it tends to get ... erm ... foamy, if you spread it on and then start moving round right away.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Arm and Hammer natural aluminum free better then Toms of Maine.

mknawabi

Reaction score
Some people like Brut, but be careful with the stuff, the scent can be really strong if you use it too much. Other than that, some old spice sticks are great.. Check with some girls who are close to you and get their opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics