• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fancy Chinese liquor

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only way to enjoy bai jiu is at a banquet with freshly filleted white fish sashimi (must be from a pristine river or lake) with plenty of female company around you to get more drunk than you are.

changy

Reaction score

The only way to enjoy bai jiu is at a banquet with freshly filleted white fish sashimi (must be from a pristine river or lake) with plenty of female company around you to get more drunk than you are.

Pristine river or lake in China? Yet to see one...

Last edited:

dsmolken

Reaction score
FWIW this is the bottle I got:

379461_161215673973698_100002557984501_265163_1114923822_n.jpg

The one *********** I work with here was all "if you don't like it then give it to me", haha.

dacox

Reaction score

Pristine river or lake in China? Yet to see one...

Yeah, that's probably the worst way I could possibly think of to drink baijiu considering the fact that something like a third of China's fresh water is considered too contaminated even for industrial use (and you could probably add a good margin to that because the samples are collected and analyzed by govt. agencies). I've never even heard of river fish sashimi being available though, so it probably doesn't matter anyway.

I know you've already tried it, but if you ever go back or if anyone else is ever interested I second the suggestion of trying the alcohol that they have with stuff marinating in it. Most of the medicinal benefits are bullshit, but the flavor does change quite a bit and can be a lot different than regular baijiu, so I think it's worth a try. It's also cheap and comes by the glass (around 6 oz usually).

dsmolken

Reaction score
I haven't opened it yet, but will report when I do.

dsmolken

Reaction score
I pretty much always drink with food anyway... Finally had a free evening at home and opened this up, it's got a very different taste than anything I've tried before, I'm thinking a hint of broccoli maybe? Not too fiery, but I don't imagine any of the girls I know will be interested in trying this, haha.

dacox

Reaction score

I pretty much always drink with food anyway... Finally had a free evening at home and opened this up, it's got a very different taste than anything I've tried before, I'm thinking a hint of broccoli maybe? Not too fiery, but I don't imagine any of the girls I know will be interested in trying this, haha.

.....not unless they're Chinese. I have a hard enough time getting my friends back home to drink it, and they're mostly all pretty heavy drinkers.

changy

Reaction score

After they've been drinking regular stuff for a while, trick them into taking a shot of it. It makes them black out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads