1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Famous Friends NYC Sale

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DNW, Jul 12, 2006.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

On a serious note, if someone in NYC could pick up a pair of 5EP low bootcut dry in 30/32 for me (at the sale price guys, I really can't afford more than that right now - actually, I can't even really afford that, but whatever), I'd really appreciate it. PM me, and we can work out details.

On a bit of a tangent, but a buddy of mine got the Nudie Dry Longjohns and it was pitiful. All he could do was keep on repeating "the chafing. It burns, it burns..."

2. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior member

You might still try giving Famous Friends a call now that it isn't the very beginning of the sale. I ordered a couple of items during their fall sale and Richard was very accommodating in shipping everything to me. Of course, they could have changed their policy since then, but it might be worth a shot.

3. LA Guy

The grapist already offered to pick up a pair for me. Thanks man.

4. The Grapist

The Grapist Senior member

The grapist already offered to pick up a pair for me. Thanks man.

Actually that might be a better idea just because I'm pretty sure I'd get taxed on these, so that's going to add $12 to the bill

5. LA Guy

Actually that might be a better idea just because I'm pretty sure I'd get taxed on these, so that's going to add $12 to the bill

Ouch, forgot about that. And with shipping... Yeah, okay. I'll phone Richard later today then. Thanks for the offer though.

6. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

LA Guy, if you do phone could you also check the price for their straight model?

EDIT: shit that sounded so bad. i meant their straight legged model. okay you know what it doesn't get any better.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

If they don't have your size, you could try HTC on Beverly. They were having a 40% off sale that started on Friday. Had a decent sized stack of 5EP when I went Saturday morning, no idea what's left though.

8. elevati280

elevati280 New Member

Before I head over to Famous Friends (NY) tomorrow:

Anyone know if they have any 5EP straights (zipper fly)?
    I probably fit a 30 or 31. Also, can someone confirm if the sale is still going on?

I ca'nt seem to get in touch with the store by phone and its quite a drive from where I live but I would like to pick up a pair early tomorrow since I have the day off from the job.

9. tweedlesinpink

emailed scott at HTC to ask about some RB (RB6, RB6s), Nudie (SJ, RRDG, RRDS) and Julian Red Calis - stocks are very low it appears. i forgot to ask about 5EP though, so maybe i'll send another email...after all i have a thing for emails.

they do however have RB6b which is the black model in stock in good sizes. people who want black denim knock yourself out and email them now. not a fan of black myself.

10. DNW

DNW Senior member

emailed scott at HTC to ask about some RB (RB6, RB6s), Nudie (SJ, RRDG, RRDS) and Julian Red Calis - stocks are very low it appears. i forgot to ask about 5EP though, so maybe i'll send another email...after all i have a thing for emails.

they do however have RB6b which is the black model in stock in good sizes. people who want black denim knock yourself out and email them now. not a fan of black myself.

Still available at the sale price or not?

11. tweedlesinpink

Still available at the sale price or not?
    apparently so. give him a call or a mail. i enquired about 30, and he says 30 x 32 are still in the store. maybe there'll be other sizes as well?

12. DNW

DNW Senior member

apparently so. give him a call or a mail. i enquired about 30, and he says 30 x 32 are still in the store. maybe there'll be other sizes as well?
    Thanks dude. Man, that's my size too. Hmmm...it seems that I need a pair of 5ep. I have a problem. [​IMG]

13. tweedlesinpink

i'm just emailing him about 5ep both the straight and bootcut right now

14. DNW

DNW Senior member

I called FF earlier today. The sale is no longer effective, but there will be another one in late August. I better start saving up.

15. tweedlesinpink

Will that be in-store only, or are they willing to mail jeans about?

16. DNW

DNW Senior member

I didn't ask. They did say that they'll give a longer notice next time.

17. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

I was just in NY for a week and I went to about 5 boutiques including the famous friends sale and here are my thoughts.

First off, the famous friends sale was nothing special, for starters it was in this tiny space next store and all they had were some rogan t-shirts and some bad washed version nudies. As far, as the normal store, I wasn't that impressed either, in terms of denim they had acne, atelier durance, levi's, and rogan which is nothing you cant find anywhere else. And in terms of t-shirts they had some 65 dollar tee's that were printed on American Apparel.

I am not going to go over a play by play of each store because I went to a lot, I will just say my favorite was definitly the rogues gallery section of the Earnest Sewn Cut and Sew store and the Jean Shop was pretty cool. Other then that I was pretty disapointed by Odin, Atrium and Steven Alan. But, I guess if I was in the market for jeans I would have been more impressed.

I also checked out the Nudie booth at the Project show and it seems like they are doing some new colored raw for the fall.

18. giantreptile

giantreptile Active Member

I was just in NY for a week and I went to about 5 boutiques including the famous friends sale and here are my thoughts.

First off, the famous friends sale was nothing special, for starters it was in this tiny space next store and all they had were some rogan t-shirts and some bad washed version nudies. As far, as the normal store, I wasn't that impressed either, in terms of denim they had acne, atelier durance, levi's, and rogan which is nothing you cant find anywhere else. And in terms of t-shirts they had some 65 dollar tee's that were printed on American Apparel.

I am not going to go over a play by play of each store because I went to a lot, I will just say my favorite was definitly the rogues gallery section of the Earnest Sewn Cut and Sew store and the Jean Shop was pretty cool. Other then that I was pretty disapointed by Odin, Atrium and Steven Alan. But, I guess if I was in the market for jeans I would have been more impressed.

I also checked out the Nudie booth at the Project show and it seems like they are doing some new colored raw for the fall.

i too, was disappointed with steven alan lately. which sucks because that used to be one of my favorites. it seems to have swayed more towards being a women's wear store.