Fall YokoD collection - Pretty impressive

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dill, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Dill

Dill Senior member

I just got an email that their new collection was on their website (www.yokod.com). For someone who hasn't been very impressed with this label since spring of 2005, this coming collection looks pretty awesome. They keep with the tradition of making staples with fleece but instead of just blazers and pants, there are now sweaters, vests, cardigans (I want one), scarfs, sweatshirts, and a peacoat. There is also some amazing looking outerwear and the t's look better than the last two seasons. Too bad there are no stockists anywhere by me to see the stuff in person.

The email also said that every item from spring/summer is still on sale for $20 including fleece blazers, etc.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Too bad no online storefront...

3. Dill

Dill Senior member

Too bad no online storefront...

Yeah, that and bigger pictures would be nice. Last time they had a big sale, I just e-mailed Andy and had him put together a grab bag of stuff for me since they were sold out of the specific things I wanted. Now that they have their own store up and running, they probably would handle all the phone/email orders.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hmmm... I'm impressed, especially since I thought that they'd really bit it after a very strong F/W 2004-2005 season, and a semi-reasonable S/S 2005 then, pretty much nothing...

Fleece blazers for $20, huh? How do I get those? At 152 lbs and 5'11", should I go for a small or a medium for a slim fit?

5. whodini

Yeah, that and bigger pictures would be nice. Last time they had a big sale, I just e-mailed Andy and had him put together a grab bag of stuff for me since they were sold out of the specific things I wanted. Now that they have their own store up and running, they probably would handle all the phone/email orders.
    Hmm... A $20 blazer would do me nice. Did you pick it up from them or had it shipped?

6. Dill

Dill Senior member

Hmm... A $20 blazer would do me nice. Did you pick it up from them or had it shipped?

I had it shipped. It was from a couple seasons ago, so I don't know how it fits compared to the current ones, but a medium fits me pretty well. I would email Andy Salzar ([email protected]) or call the store to see what they have left (718-302-1450). I might actually consider picking up another one since the one I have has a graphic on the back which limits its use. Also, lol at the activeendeavors description:

7. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

I had it shipped. It was from a couple seasons ago, so I don't know how it fits compared to the current ones, but a medium fits me pretty well. I would email Andy Salzar ([email protected]) or call the store to see what they have left (718-302-1450). I might actually consider picking up another one since the one I have has a graphic on the back which limits its use. Also, lol at the activeendeavors description:

The number is faulty?

8. Dill

Dill Senior member

The number is faulty?

I just got it off the website...

9. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Just snagged a black cashmere cardigan and a small grey fleece blazer.
    Not sure how they'll fit but heck $49 shipped. Adam was really quick with responses.

10. KingKongLives

KingKongLives Active Member

hm i didn't see any cardigans in there spring/summer collection lookbook.

interesting though!

11. yokodevereaux

yokodevereaux Well-Known Member

so i got an influx of inquiries re: the sale in the last 30 minutes here in nyc - thanks, guys, for supporting the brand, for sure. as i mentioned to all of you, just give my assistant lauren a call tomorrow after 1:30 EST and she can talk you through everything we have left at $20 (which is a total assortment). the number here at the shop is 718 302 1450. thanks again! and ps - i'm glad you are all into the fall images... the fall 06 collection hits this friday the 18th at the shop.

check out more info at the yoko devereaux 'myspace' page. the url is http://www.myspace.com/yokodevereaux

andy
    creative director / designer, yoko devereaux

12. whodini

Looks like I'm making a phone call...

13. Harami

Harami Member

I'm interested in that cardigan too, anyone else pick up anything interesting? I would like to know what to look for before I give a call

14. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

sweet, if all goes well, i just ordered a shirt, shorts, pants, and two t-shirts.
    Lauren is super cool.

-Jeff

15. whodini

sweet, if all goes well, i just ordered a shirt, shorts, pants, and two t-shirts.
    Lauren is super cool.

-Jeff

Grand total?