• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fall/Winter Sweaters and the casual office

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
Hello All...some of you may remember my post on The Boss and my clothes....now i'm looking to dress down a little more often.
Since, I'm Canadian Eh? and its freakin cold up here in T.O. from Nov. to Feb. to supplement my wardobe I was looking into sweaters. Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to wear my Cucinelli cashmere sweaters to work (bought them in milan for a steal and i mean steal....before I new who cucinelli even was, 115 euro each -score!). I feel they are a little too fragile for my wear and tear. So the questions are;

1. Value wise (read: affordable) what are great sweater brands - that one could get locally.

2. What do you suggest wears well with slacks +/- sportcoat; v-neck vests/v-neck sweaters...crewneck vests/sweaters....

3. Care...dryclean or hand wash...how do you get the odors out of them without drycleaning?

4. what should the true sweater novice look for to make a good choice in buying.

best regards,

max

ps. anyone have v-neck wool merino from polo.com...would you rate them good quality?

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they ship up North, but I'm a huge fan of the Gran Sasso sweaters at Sierra Trading Post. With their frequent sales, plus the 20% SF discount (follow the link from the pinned thread) they are a terrific deal IMO. I have a few crew necks, which I consider to be more casual, but the v-necks I have I will pair with a suit in the winter in lieu of a waistcoat.

emptym

Reaction score
Almost all of my sweaters are from thrift stores. A couple are made by Polo. They're good.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%