• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall wedding

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went to an outdoor fall wedding on Saturday. Most importantly, the women were stylish and attractive, most worthy of the event.

Yes, the bride wore white and was at least 7+ month with child.
The groom wore all black and translated in Italian everything for his Italian family members.

Here's a crappy pic of my wife and me.

Most men wore suits (black) and ties. A few did preppy and some didn't wear ties. I was one of the few that had no black clothing. Shoes were all black (except mine). I was going to wear one of my tuxs but my wife had me wear a Kiton cashmere suit because the father of the bride wore a suit, as shown in this pic--

The women and the weather were great and atmosphere was pleasant--who can ask for anything more?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When American men hear the words "dress up," 99% think of the question "where are my black shoes?"

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
When American men hear the words "dress up," 99% think of the question "where are my black shoes?"
We can live with that though. I went to a wedding a month ago, someone in his late late 20's came in jeans and sport shirt, others weren't a hell of a lot better. Only some of the older men were wearing a suit and tie.
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
My wife and I went to an outdoor fall wedding on Saturday. Most importantly, the women were stylish and attractive, most worthy of the event.
Agreed! Looking good KB. The pics reinforce my thinking that black suits tend to look cheap.

ccffm1

Reaction score
And when it come to weddings they´re doing right, I think. It´s one of the events where black plain toe oxfords still seem more appropriate to me than brown shoes. Especially if it begins in the evening hours.

thomaus247

Reaction score
Great call on the suit. How the wedding party is dressing should always sway the decisions.

I think black shoes are more appropriate for a dressy evening wedding...and then I would probably wear brown shoes.

TM

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well this is definitely a first for me. actual pics instead of a list?

looking good kb.

-Jeff

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Sigh.

I really wish my friends would start getting married.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Sigh.

I really wish my friends would start getting married.

Isn't that illegal?
devil.gif

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What`s wrong with that?
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Isn't that illegal?
devil.gif

Yes...every single person I know in life is a homosexual.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore a pair of dark brown captoe derbies to a wedding recently. Basically because I thought they matched the rest of my outfit and also because they are comfortable.
Now, I was indeed concerned about possible anti-brown and anti-derby reactions. But that was before I saw the rest of the guests...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads