• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall Trends

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So last year we saw the explosion of workwear and it looks like this is here to stay for the coming fall season.
What else is going to be big this fall?

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
So last year we saw the explosion of workwear and it looks like this is here to stay for the coming fall season.
What else is going to be big this fall?

Is this Fall of 2008 we're talking about?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet we'll see a lot of camo.

Django

Reaction score
camo, blaze orange, hunting gear, wool shorts/knickers, double knee pants, duck pants, hiking boots, motorcyclist inspired gear (moto jackets, perfectos, etc).

Basically a continuation of last FW, though hope we start to see a shift from plaid as the de facto shirting for men this time of year.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
looser fits

Just an observation but it seems like we have been hearing this for years around here, and yet I still don't see it pulled off well except in a few cases (inb4 MF). It will creep in but it is going to take longer than most people think. As someone pointed out the other day, 2 years ago people were predicting the death of tapered jeans by now. Hasn't happened.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
motos are going to be big.

love motos

palma

Reaction score
Fall will probably see Camel, cords and tweed. Though I am not as keen an observer as rest of you. I am also curious about what direction footwear take, I mean where do you go when every type of American Classic has been done. Military/camo and Nautical themes may be too early for fall, but I think by next spring it will probably be huge given the strong performance by Burberry and Junya.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by palma
Fall will probably see Camel, cords and tweed. Though I am not as keen an observer as rest of you. I am also curious about what direction footwear take, I mean where do you go when every type of American Classic has been done. Military/camo and Nautical themes may be too early for fall, but I think by next spring it will probably be huge given the strong performance by Burberry and Junya.

Everything will come in a chukka version, blue suede, brick sole.

also, x BoO

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
What are all the urban lumberjacks going to morph into when workwear is over?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
What are all the urban lumberjacks going to morph into now that workwear is over?

fixed

palma

Reaction score
As long as nostalgia is alive...Americana is alive, so I expect to see workwear, moto and hunting themes continue. But, I do wonder how it will all end or morph into next mainstream thing.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stocking up on SSchneider and Rafstros. Been talking about it with zissou. All baller knits and mcqueen ship shoes from here on out.

Actually zissou might like the ship shoes.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
god you're easy to provoke

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just can't help myself
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads