• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall Jackets

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Does anybody have any ideas for fall jackets under $150? I'm looking for something that's not a peacoat, and that's not REI. Any help would be very appreciated.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I plan on grabbing a cheap navy quilted jacket from Topman or Zara or somewhere for around $50. Quality is apparently okay-ish, and they looked great in some fit pics from last winter...

Other than that, I've been meaning to find out what J Crew's Ludlow jacket looks like when it's not pinned to a J Crew model. IIRC, they've appeared on B&S for around $150-$200.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
If you can spare the additional $50 or so you can grab almost any of Barbour's quilted numbers.

flyingfish

Reaction score
Yeah idk, something about that feels not too legit. Any other ideas?

too legit?but you must tell me about your measurements, your height and your personal character..All the clothing photos of our company are taken by me,I think I do know how to match them well if you need my suggestion.

AlwaysDressed

Reaction score
Here's me wearing my recently purchased J. Crew Fatigue Jacket. It was $168 and is still in stores. Here's the link.
6173889405_61a367c0f8_z.jpg

The Suit Guy

Reaction score
In all honesty, if you're interested in that style, material, etc, and are especially cost conscious you might want to check out an Army Navy store. J Crew (and others) are calling it a fatigue for a reason.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a J Crew waxed jacket very very similar to a Barbour on B/S here for about $120. Love it

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Yeah ive been trolling b&s for a bit, but I can really only wear an xs and Jcrew. I have my grandpas us army fatigue jacket, so im looking for something a bit different. Given this, any ideas

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In all honesty..you might want to check out an Army Navy store.

I'm just curious if this has actually worked out for you. The quality on actual M65 jackets I've seen is terrible. Factor in the time spent actually finding one that fits, and it just makes more sense to grab a military-inspired jacket from JCrew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads