1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

fall essentials

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dhinggok, Jul 25, 2006.

1. dhinggok

dhinggok Senior member

GQ did an article about them and the Men's Clothing section has a topic about it. So, what do you think are the essentials for fall?

2. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

Pea Coat. But... that's been a fall essential for as long as I can remember. If you want something new... cowboy shirts. Every college campus in the USA is going to have hundreds of them this fall, except mine, where I am the only one! haha!

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Another nice cardigan. I have the Fred Perry CDG one and it fits like a dream, would like to find another equivalent.

4. familyman

familyman Senior member

Good sturdy all weather boots for when the weather finally turns. Either a work boot style or a more refined style but in a construction that can really take it and will age well. Denim heads will start to demand their footwear meet the same quality standards as their jeans starting this fall.
    I think the discount cashmere bubble will continue and everyone will be sporting a new 'cashmere' sweater of some sort this fall. If you ask anyone what their new sweater is made of everyone will say cashmere. Everyone.

5. Etz

Etz Member

Two things I liked from that article (Or it might have been in Details, but whatever.) were Houndstooth and the Tweed Blazer.

6. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior member

I can't wait for the weather to cool off a bit. I have a black cashmere cardigan and a light grey cashmere vneck that I'll be wearing a lot. I'm planning on picking up a crew neck sweater and a zip mock neck sweater as well. I love sweaters and wear one almost every day once the weather cools off a bit.

I definately need some new shoes though.

7. jet

jet Senior member

Same here, can't stand this heat in socal. I'm going to pick up a khaki military style jacket, cardigan and some sweaters from br since they'll be on sale next week. Also 4 pairs of chinos for work.

8. minya

minya Senior member

I would love some recommendations for some nice, slim, fitted sweaters, be they v-neck or half-zip. Any ideas?

9. gza

gza Senior member

I bought so much cool weather clothing on sale in the spring that I can't think of anything I need for the fall...I'm just waiting for the weather to change so I can bring out that stuff.

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I would love some recommendations for some nice, slim, fitted sweaters, be they v-neck or half-zip. Any ideas?

BR has some decent ones on sale at the moment. I got a nice blue/black striped sweater there last week for $20 that was pretty fitted and looked nice. It was like 75% cotton 20% silk 5% cashmere, and felt really soft.

11. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior member

I buy all my sweaters from a place in Vancouver called LG Cashmere. I got my cardigan for $240 and my vneck for $220. They are a nice medium weight and fit fairly slim. I've been really happy with them so far.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I bought a cool nylon/teflon/rayon jacket from BR today. It was $30 discounted from $100. It is thin so could probably be worn starting around September or so in the evening and is quite fitted. Probably don't want to wear much more than a T-shirt/polo/thin sweater under it, but you don't need much more than that here in SoCal except in extreme occasions or unless you're going skiing or something.

I agree with the boot suggestions. I picked up a pair of dark brown Prada chelsea boots a few days ago, and a pair of black distressed lambskin Varvatos boots as well. I have another pretty cool pair of Prada boots, kinda similar to America's cup but with some brown suede, along with grey nylon and a velcro strap, they're quite funky and look really good with jeans, got them last year from Bluefly.

I might wear cotton blazers more in the fall as well, I have a couple pretty cool ones in grey and charcoal. The grey one is more fitted and would be more of a going out piece, from Theory, and the charcoal one is more of an outerwear piece, three button with gunmetal colored metal buttons from Varvatos.

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

BR has some decent ones on sale at the moment. I got a nice blue/black striped sweater there last week for $20 that was pretty fitted and looked nice. It was like 75% cotton 20% silk 5% cashmere, and felt really soft.

My problem with BR is that I'm in between their small and medium in the chest, but if I size down to a small for the slim fit, the shoulders hit wrong and the sleeves are too short. It aggravates me to no end. The problem seems to be localized to their sweaters.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Minya I've bought Jil Sander sweaters off of eBay that fit the bill. Usually plain, and usually sub 90 USD.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I bought a cool nylon/teflon/rayon jacket from BR today. It was $30 discounted from $100. It is thin so could probably be worn starting around September or so in the evening and is quite fitted. Probably don't want to wear much more than a T-shirt/polo/thin sweater under it, but you don't need much more than that here in SoCal except in extreme occasions or unless you're going skiing or something.

I agree with the boot suggestions. I picked up a pair of dark brown Prada chelsea boots a few days ago, and a pair of black distressed lambskin Varvatos boots as well. I have another pretty cool pair of Prada boots, kinda similar to America's cup but with some brown suede, along with grey nylon and a velcro strap, they're quite funky and look really good with jeans, got them last year from Bluefly.

I might wear cotton blazers more in the fall as well, I have a couple pretty cool ones in grey and charcoal. The grey one is more fitted and would be more of a going out piece, from Theory, and the charcoal one is more of an outerwear piece, three button with gunmetal colored metal buttons from Varvatos.

Are theory cotto blazers cut just like their wool counterparts, I have a theory jacket that fits really well and might look for a cotton one.

16. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

these jackets are ready and waiting for the fall
    selvage denim jacket- saddlehorn
    [​IMG]
    french field jacket
    [​IMG]

17. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Those French field jackets never seem to fit the way I want them to. [​IMG] Have you altered yours at all? CMF Homme style?

18. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member