• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall 2009 product reviews/thoughts

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Looks like her diffusion line I'm sure there is more on the way.

I'll check it out today, I've never gone on the mhl website even to know what's up.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call it a diffusion line, or at least associate the term with it.

I was hoping to find the fair isle knit from this season, along with the cable knit cardigan.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there anyone who've touched and tried on current season schneider stuff? any stand-out pieces? what online retailers besides SW, OC and PARK carry his line?

the_pole

Reaction score
I can wait for Oct.1 so I can get my hands on a +J navy blazer +pants and light gray pants. Ill post a review of the clothes say soon as i get my hads onto these promising pieces !!

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so there. I was debating on ordering the J Crew tweed sport coat today, but then I realized that +J has basically the same thing at 1/2 the price. If the quality is close, I will be thrilled.

Is anyone else considering getting the entire collection? 1 of every piece plus some repeats for colors adds up to about $1k I think.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone examined some of this season's Junya Watanabe? I just watched the runway video once again and was reminded how amazing it was. Curious to see what others have thought of some of the pieces. I'm somewhat scared of the pricing; The $2200 coat/vest Barneys has in their Co Op catalog (weird to see Junya in there I might add, even though I know this isn't the first season)is rather scary.

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
I am so there. I was debating on ordering the J Crew tweed sport coat today, but then I realized that +J has basically the same thing at 1/2 the price. If the quality is close, I will be thrilled.

Is anyone else considering getting the entire collection? 1 of every piece plus some repeats for colors adds up to about $1k I think.

I wanna say the quality will be pretty darn good , from the looks of it theyre using higher quality materials , then what they normally wear.

Im getting most of the collection minus the jackets
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Just got done reviewing the females in LA and I have to say they are superb.

I love this city good lord.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston86dit
Anyone examined some of this season's Junya Watanabe? I just watched the runway video once again and was reminded how amazing it was. Curious to see what others have thought of some of the pieces. I'm somewhat scared of the pricing; The $2200 coat/vest Barneys has in their Co Op catalog (weird to see Junya in there I might add, even though I know this isn't the first season)is rather scary.
Greatly impressed with the construction, enamoured of the buttons (best haberdashery examples in RTW this year), exceedingly fond of the fabrics, ostracised as ever by the pricing (the millinery is especially ridiculous) When the photos were first released, I though I wouldn't be able to integrate any of it. I'm pleased to discover that I was wrong, but it'll be a while before I own anything

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Some of the new junya is really good, trying to get chunky cardigan and a couple other pieces.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll need to check out some of the stores in LA soon to see it in person. Barims those are all great things to hear about the collection, thank you. I was worried about the integration into my wardrobe as well. One thing that somewhat eases my mind about the pricing, is at least with a lot of the pieces, more so the jackets, it's as if you're buying two pieces in one. Jet- Which chunky cardigan? The one on the left side of the rack in this shot is the one I would love to get this season.
3813844921_e735ae77e4.jpg
Also loving this vest,
3814667390_94dba3310a.jpg
*both pics from tresbienshop Also thought I would mention I stopped by Brooks Brothers to take advantage of the Friends and Family sale and was pleased with the Black Fleece collection. Everything seemed as though it was hundreds of dollars less than the previous F/W collection with suits at the $1600 mark, sweaters/cardigans ranging from $400-900, and separate trousers at $400. They were also showcasing the new Black Fleece cologne which was situated next to the register with red/white/blue grosgrain wristbands which you spray the scent onto and wear around to see if you like the scent. Quite an ingenious way of enticing people (I will have to say, it worked. I love the smell).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's the one winston supposedly hand knit with a price to match unfortunately. That vest is great as is the beige 4 button shawl collar pullover with the green/yellow fair isle sleeve detail (it looks like 2 separate pieces almost in that pic).

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to colette's website, the vest is gray wool with leather details and it is also lined with a plaid flannel fabric. Definitely one of my favorites this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics