1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Just the ones listed. I think that's plenty, no? haha

1 person likes this.
  2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I meant for example if I wanted a navy wool with wine lambskin (which isnt a listed option), would that be possible? But its all good. Thinking about either navy/white or navy/walnut

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i like ball & chain style best. the main tab or bar (don't remember which) zipper on my old lamb toj is still the noisiest part of the jacket over the ball & chain pocket zips. the main zipper on my new falcon isn't silent either, and it's a bar. you could diy coat the back of the zipper pulls with rubber if you care enough to do it.

I don't think there's any non-damaging way to do it. you could probably get a pair of cutters in there and clip off and remove the pulls at their narrowest point, right where they interface with the main zipper slider mechanisms, and then put a replacement piece in there. but there's a lot to be considered there--matching metal color, size, the durability of your replacement parts, aesthetics, etc. I just did some digging online and didn't find any good-looking zipper pull replacements. feels inadvisable to me.

4. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Quote:
    Does anyone agree that the dr5 might perhaps be a tad feminine?

5. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Nope. Looks fine to me. 2 slanted zippers on the same side looks stupid though.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  6. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

somewhat fem

but overall just a really stupid looking jacket

3 people like this.
  7. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

Really not much different than the TOJ band collar DR, aside from the collar...

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Idk if the jacket is feminine or just the guy posting.

9. masshi

masshi Senior member

was it ever noted whether that's a stock size or mtm?

10. hmtwrk

hmtwrk Senior member

lol it's a stock 46 sample and i'm like a slim 50. you guys try making a jacket 4 sizes too small look good [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. ktown

ktown Senior member

Received a brown lamb A2 last week.

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  12. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Looks great. And the fur?

13. masshi

masshi Senior member

how's the thickness of the leather? and did you go mtm?

also, is the "bony point" of your shoulder basically where your collarbone ends?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  14. ktown

ktown Senior member

The fur collar is in my closet. I anticipate I'll wear the jacket without the fur 99% of the time, but it's a nice option to have.

The lamb is buttery soft. It feels good in thickness - not too thick or thin. The only other leather I have is an Aero in FQHH, which is thicker/heavier and frankly hard to wear casually. But it's nice to have options. I feel that at some point the lamb will scratch and wear down much faster than the horsehide.

And yes, this jacket was mtm, with the measurements based on my Aero and Charly's recs.

Also I don't know what you mean exactly by the bony point, but I guess my collarbone ends near that point.

15. masshi

masshi Senior member

sorry, meant to add that edit as a general question not specifically directed towards you

i'm gonna measure myself soon and wanted to make sure that i'm measuring my shoulders correctly

here's a pic of my shoulder:

[​IMG]

am i supposed to be measuring from the black line, the blue one, or the purple one to its opposite end on my other shoulder? or are none of those correct?

i've asked this before in the toj thread, and i'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be from the black line, but i just wanted to make sure again

16. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Why so? Just curious. I also own a FQHH jacket and I can't really think of any other situation that I would wear it than casually...

17. ktown

ktown Senior member

Of course both jackets can only be worn casually. What I meant by the word casually is that because the jacket is so heavy, it feels like a huge effort to put it on, walk around in it, etc. I can't just "casually" throw it on during a 10 min trip to the grocery store. I could with a lighter sweater made of cotton or wool, or even this Falcon lamb. But with the FQHH, it takes effort to even get it on and go for a walk in it. Perhaps the word "easily" should have been used instead of "casually."

1 person likes this.
  18. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Never seen a shoulder like that before…are you excruciatingly, super model thin? Have you been recently released after a long incarceration? Perhaps you are partial to the smoking opium?

For me neither of those arrows is right…..correct point falls exactly in the middle of the blue and purple arrows.

1 person likes this.
  19. masshi

masshi Senior member

i'm 125 lbs. @ 5'8, so i guess i'm skinny, yeah (is that considered "excruciatingly" thin, though? i've never weighed over 130 in my entire life, so i have like no reference for this type of thing)

i took that pic with my phone, so maybe the angle is making my shoulder look weird?

anyway, i found the old pic i used in the other thread and re-edited it a bit (the posture is more natural and the pic was taken front-on):

[​IMG]

so would i be measuring from the orange lines, the blue, or the purple? or none of them?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  20. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Between purple and blue

3 people like this.